• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with printing threads

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a project and I do lots of research in threads that may be helpful to me. When I come across one with good information, I like to print them out and put them in my reference notebook. I try both view as PDF and Print Preview, sometimes it works, but mostly it freezes up and kicks me out of the forum.

I log in through Firefox on a windows system. How can I print the threads I want to save?

Thank you in advance.

Patty

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2009 Jun 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just printed this thread from Firefox (3.0.11 on Windows XP); it printed without a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>How can I print the threads I want to save?

Have you noticed any comment elements in the ones that don't work... such as number of answers or included pictures?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patty,

I archive a number of threads from different forums in the following way:

1) Print Preview;

2) Alt+F+A (I believe it is Option+F+A in Mac speak), and Enter (after browsing to folder, if necessary).

Print Preview gives a one page, not too ugly, presentation of the whole thread. If you keep archiving to the same folder, FF remembers, so 2) is easy. You can always access the archive, using FF.

I prefer that to printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jacob, that's a good back-up plan, but I really like to print the threads for my reference notebook.

John, Here's a more detailed explanation.

Sometimes with the PDF choice, it knocks me back to the main Adobe forum page where you see all the different programs and select the forum you want. Other times I get a message box that says "File does not begin with '%PDF-' with an ok box at bottom. I hit okay and it then it takes me to a blank page in FF that says (Application/pdf object) in the title bar with an address of http:forums.adobe.com/thread/450035?pdf=true. I haven't paid attention if the number changes with different attempts.

With print view, sometimes it knocks me back to the main page as above, or sometimes the print dialogue box comes up like it wants to print, but then hangs up. Then when I x out of printing, I get the error message that the program has ended and I'm thrown out and then I have to log back into the forum.

Thanks for trying to help me.

Patty

p.s. Some threads have images, but I would say most do not. Some threads are quite lengthy, but some are short.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The number relates to the thread. Is that one of the threads you're having trouble with? FWIW, I can view that thread as PDF just fine here. But I am using the Foxit Reader plugin for FireFox on Win XP Pro SP3 instead of Adobe Reader.

Oh. And I get that strange green favicon!

deleteme.png

(Those odd buttons are from the Foxit Reader plugin.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines