Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Product Swap Issue / Complaint

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Whom It May Concern,

I recently purchased the downloadible version of CS6 Premium for my Windows-based laptop. Shortly after that I ended up purchasing a new Macbook Pro 15" Retina, which does not come standard with a CD/DVD drive.

I contacted Customer Service to do a product swap. I was completely dismayed and highly annoyed to learn that to do a product swap I could not simply de-install CS6 from my old laptop, followed by downloading a Mac version of CS6, but I also had to be sent the boxed product, which is obvioulsy of no use to me since I no longer have a disc drive, and, which cost me over $22 CDN in shipping! I also tried to explain my case to the Customer Service agent; however, all he could say was that sending the boxed product was standard procedure and was unable to cancel my order. I am also not happy with my overall customer service experience as the person I spoke with did not sound professional at all!

While I am quite pleased with the software and the initial ease of being able to download CS6 (and, also Lightroom 4, as I purchased that around the same time), I am very displeased with the process to request a product swap! To the Adobe team, I would like to cancel receiving the boxed product and receive a refund on the shipping cost, or, if anyone out there has any advice on how I should proceed, then it would be great to hear from you.

Regards,

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

It's understandable that you're frustrated, but we're users like you in these user-to-user forums.  Nobody here can help you.

Additionally, this particular forum you're posting to is only for discussing the functioning of the forums themselves.

Therefore, your complaint, addressed "to whom it may concern", really is of no concern to anybody here.  Sorry. 

If it's of any consolation, it's generally agreed and well known that Adobe's customer service and their tech service are abysmally poor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info! I was reviewing a previous comment on this forum regarding "bad customer service" and it appeared as an Adobe staff member had responded, so, just on the chance that Adobe staff were monitoring this forum, I thought I would address my issue to them...especially, since I cannot find anywhere to raise my above issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This space is provided by Adobe, but this is not Adobe support
Sorry, nobody here can help with an account or payment problem
This is a public forum, you need the link to Adobe support, not other users
Help Center https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html is a good place to start
Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the Covid virus, so wait times are long
You MUST make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups
You MUST also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for the link to work
This link will go directly to the chat option
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person
-Meaning type in the word Agent without the quote " " marks
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
or
Telephone https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
or
Twitter tweet @AdobeCare
Adobe does NOT do support by email, so beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if you want a downloadable cs6 for mac, adobe makes that freely and publicly available.

however, getting a serial number for a mac version is a different story. 

=================

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines