Protecting our Copyright from being Misappropriated.

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before anyone posts ANY image in the New Forums, it is essential that they re-read Adobe's TOS and particularly the wording (and implications) of Clause 8.

Adobe has given themselves the power to purloin any "Content" posted or displayed on their web sites (meaning our original art and photographs) for ANY purpose, anywhere, and in perpetuity

Adobe's Legal Department need to address this matter with some urgency because the risk of loss of Artists' Rights is already damaging participation in some Forums severely:

The Photography Forum is one example as shown in these threads:

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b85627/

Wade Zimmerman, "So is the photography forum dead or grasping for its last breath?" #, 19 Mar 2009 1...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Protecting our Copyright from being Misappropriated.

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before anyone posts ANY image in the New Forums, it is essential that they re-read Adobe's TOS and particularly the wording (and implications) of Clause 8.

Adobe has given themselves the power to purloin any "Content" posted or displayed on their web sites (meaning our original art and photographs) for ANY purpose, anywhere, and in perpetuity

Adobe's Legal Department need to address this matter with some urgency because the risk of loss of Artists' Rights is already damaging participation in some Forums severely:

The Photography Forum is one example as shown in these threads:

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b85627/

Wade Zimmerman, "So is the photography forum dead or grasping for its last breath?" #, 19 Mar 2009 1...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 21, 2009 0
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this information should be posted loud and clear.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2009 0
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2009 0
Enthusiast ,
Mar 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would think that to professionals, who are most affected by these license terms, it might be a good idea to consult with a lawyer and get an answer once and for all.

these kinds of terms are far from "rare" on the internet these days. most of us treat them as the "price you gotta pay" to play, but if it's your lively hood, or if it were mine, i might want to know for sure rather than banter it about on a forum, or rely on the party setting the legal terms to "clear it up" by saying 'we have to say this to do that. even though it SAYS this, we'd NEVER DO that...'. if you know what i mean.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2009 0
Guru ,
Mar 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I see around adobe's ability to steal, as they claim they can, is to just post a link only. Adobe claiming all rights like that cannot be legal just because they print it and say so for admission to the club. I don't see any poster willing to share under those terms.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2009 0
Guide ,
Mar 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

Keep on protesting directly to Adobe. They had to roll back similarly onerous terms shortly after they launched their online editing web site, Photoshop.com, in the face of outraged protests.

If similar pressure is applied this time too, they will have to modify the TOU like they did at Photoshop.com.

Adobe is powerful, but not almighty.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2009 0