• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Purchasing Adobe Creative Suite - The Cloud?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I correct to say that the only way to get any new Adobe graphics software products is to purchase the "CLOUD" versions - paying monthly?

Clark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct as far as "CURRENT" version is concerned.  There are some stores still selling Photoshop CS6 that is perpetual and you only pay once and use it forever.

The other alternative is to buy Photoshop Elements 14 and that too is perpetual - i.e. pay once and continue using it until you get fed up of it.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried GIMP or OpenOffice Draw or Serif DrawPlus ?

I really need a work around!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What are you looking to do exactly?

Is this for professional or hobby stuff?

Print, vector graphics, web graphics, photo editing?

When I first started out, Paint Shop Pro was free.  I used it for editing raster / bitmap images.

PaintShop Pro: Photo Editing Software by Corel

It's decent software for the price but I still prefer Photoshop.

Photoshop Elements is another low cost alternative for consumers who don't need all the fancy bells & whistles in Photoshop Extended.  

PS Elements 14 -- USD $100.

Picture editor software & tools | Adobe Photoshop Elements 14

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Lightroom 6 is still sold by Adobe on a perpetual License base (Current version is 6.6). Other software needs to be acquired on a pay/month basis.

In the consumer product range, you find Premiere and Photoshop Elements still on a perpetual license if my information are correct.

There are alternatives like Gimp or InkScape. They are great products, but do not work at the same professionalism then Photoshop and Illustrator.

And there are commercial products out, like Corel Draw.

I worked with Corel Draw years ago and dropped it in favour of the Adobe products, because the professional prepress world works with Adobe products. Exchange is more reliable.

Your choice!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines