• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

purpose of "Overview"?

Enthusiast ,
May 12, 2009 May 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  I've clicked on the "Overview" tab, or whatever it is, and the only result I see is that *sometimes* additional items added to the top of the page.  However, if I click on "Overview" again nothing happens.  Huh?

Does this 'feature' serve any useful purpose?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , May 12, 2009 May 12, 2009

Aha! Thank you! Clicking 'Overview' doesn't just open that tab, it actually takes you to the other page, the Overview page - watch the boxes on the right. When you click 'Overview' they swap places, that's the clue you're on the other page. That's why you can't close it, you're on a different page.

Through the looking glass indeed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears there are two pages, Overview page and Discussions page, in each forum. However, the Overview page is not so called in any menus or breadcrumb trails. The two are almost identical - the sticky topics or whatever are automatically in view on one, but can be viewed on the other. Boxes in the right hand column swap places. 'Popular discussion' is on one but not the other.

But since both have the list of topics, I sincerely doubt whether most people will know or care which is which, or even that there are two. Very bad navigation system.

If there must be two pages there should be at least one major difference - the list of discussion should only be on the 'Discussions' page. Better, merge them and be done. Put a list of sub-forums and/or useful links in some of that empty space at the top, possibly in a drop-down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I concluded.  I still haven't figured out how to undo what clicking on Overview does.

FYI:  I would give you points, but you threatened to take some of mine away just because a whined just a bit a few days ago. 

Thanks for the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bootyshake.gif

I can't take points away - what a tempting thought!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha! Thank you! Clicking 'Overview' doesn't just open that tab, it actually takes you to the other page, the Overview page - watch the boxes on the right. When you click 'Overview' they swap places, that's the clue you're on the other page. That's why you can't close it, you're on a different page.

Through the looking glass indeed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for that, you must suffer the humiliation of receiving  MORE POINTS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no! At this rate I'll end up a two-blobber, the humiliation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Oh no! At this rate I'll end up a two-blobber, the humiliation

You don't know what you're missing in the  exclusive TwoBlob lounge!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Grrrr! I need to answer more of the questions from innocent newbies who don't know enough to give points!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines