• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question Answered & over enthusiastic hosts / moderators

Engaged ,
Jun 12, 2009 Jun 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apart from this whole mess of abuse report and perfectly innocent posts getting deleted, we also have the problem of hosts moderators deciding on the poster's behalf if questions have been answered! Crikey!

I posted a query in the DW forum. Ploughed my way through the search... found a couple of solutions from a particular ACE and posted those findings back with my comments on whether they were working or not.

My third post (including the OP) was to the tune that on a quick and dirty test the last solution seemed to be working and describing what it was doing. No way, as far as i was concerned was the problem completely resolved.

Lo and behold! This morning i see the thread marked answered! "Ididn't do that", says me. Open it and at the top it says, "Possibly answered". The moderator has a comment that as i seem to have found the answer he's marking it 'Possibly answered'. Freaked! But politely asked said moderator to kindly unmark it and i would mark it when i was satisfied.

What is going on? And, the thread was only started last night, my time. It's not that it's been hanging around for days or weeks.I'm still hoping that the guy whose tips i followed would look in. Seeing it answered he mayn't bother.

This whole Question / Answer excreta should be scrapped ASAP.

JJ

PS: Just checked and the host / moderator has had the courtesy to revert the post to 'Unanswered'. However, it shouldn't be happening in the first place.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jun 21, 2009 Jun 21, 2009

Don't say that! I'm on the home straight to become a 2-blobber, bought a new frock, booked a hairdo and manicure and I'm working on the banner to put up across my drive so the neighbours will know!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Come back Oz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines