• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question for a moderator.

Enthusiast ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could a moderator please explain why ALL my replies to other peoples questions need approval by a moderator?

I really find this offensive.

If a moderator can not reply or remove this offensive practice could they please remove my Adobe ID.

Please notify me one way or the other.

Philip.

TOPICS
General Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Philip, don't take it personally. Even the moderators comments get thrown into moderation. There are some major issues with this forum right now. I think one of the reasons your post get put into moderation so much is that you post a lot of code that triggers it. Same if you post more that 3 links. I hope you stay around, as you've been a great help to the scripting forum!!!

Chuck

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Philip, don't take it personally. Even the moderators comments get thrown into moderation. There are some major issues with this forum right now. I think one of the reasons your post get put into moderation so much is that you post a lot of code that triggers it. Same if you post more that 3 links. I hope you stay around, as you've been a great help to the scripting forum!!!

Chuck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That 3 links and into moderation is not really "set in stone" lately

I have had replies with two, or even ONE link put into moderation... not all the time, but way more than once for each case (I brush my teeth, or I'd say the forum software has a breath sensing module)

Even employee replies go to moderation if they contain more than that day's limit on the number of links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your replies.

I think the forums as is are over moderated and need to be relaxed to find a happy medium.

Reduced participation until this problem is sorted may be the answer, but if it continues, it just isn't worth participating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Philip Cord wrote:

I think the forums as is are over moderated

Many of the people active on the forums are members of the public but this is an official Adobe support website. As such the corporate terms of use are applied rigorously. If you only knew what we reject every hour, you'd be grateful for the moderators' hard work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would appreciate it if one of the moderators could now remove my Adobe ID. It's this big brother attitude that spoils the forums and this has swung it for me to leave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do not "remove" an AdobeID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also hope you don't leave the forums! If you do, your account doesn't need to be deleted - simply turn off all email notifications and sign out of the forums. You'll never be bothered with them again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have missed the pages of Korean language spam that made it difficult to do business here recently. The same locks that stifled it unfortunately put regular posts in the queue. It takes a few minutes to clear, so it's pretty easy to deal with.

It isn't personal.

Gene

Edit: My local web-newspaper, Berkeleyside, (Yes, that Berkeley, home to the Free Speech Movement) puts all posts in the holding bin. Otherwise the Trolls and Spam would take it over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're on new platform. Come back if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Philip, the reason your post do get put into moderation is not because the site is over moderated, but there is a spam filter that Jive can't seem to get working properly. it either put puts posts into moderation that shouldn't be, like from long time and trusted posters like you and the rest of us, or the forums are inundated with spam. Adobe has been trying to get Jive to fix this for a long time. All the moderators here are working as hard as they can to get these post out of moderation as fast as possible. so it's actually a good thing that there are so many moderators. Again, I would hate to see you scale back your participation, as you have helped out so many people with a subject that so few know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the main reasons for the seemingly draconian moderation protocols (even sneezing seems to trigger it) is due to the consistently high volumes of spam attacks to which the Adobe forums are subjected daily.

Adobe has locked down just about every option provided by Jive (the forum software vendors) and enforced manual moderation for many scenarios simply to keep the forums operational and spam free.

Posts from Adobe staffers, moderators, forum members, foot soldiers and newbies all get subjected to moderation at times depending on post content, frequency and other metrics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was subjected to moderation quite a lot and some of my posts went in

the cloud with no trace what so ever so I have reduced my participation

on these forums for now. I hope this is rectified soon as Adobe

products are the best for Windows platform (and Mac of course). I have

recently started using Ubuntu because one of the whizz-kids we have

employed only knows Linux and so we need to find something else for him

to do (in the cloud of course). He talks about privacy issues with

Windows 10 and all that but I don't buy it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to hijack the thread, but tangentially related -

Since my last post in the "wasting time"-thread apparently caused the mods to lock it (it was "in response to" my post), I would genuinely like to know what I said that was offensive. Not to argue, but because I am genuinely baffled.

There were no personal attacks or intentions, just an expression of my own general opinions on the matter.

Can anyone enlighten me? Does the fact that I'm not natively English-speaking cause me to miss out on nuances that others perceive as overstepping the line?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D Fosse wrote:

Since my last post in the "wasting time"-thread apparently caused the mods to lock it (it was "in response to" my post)

It wasn't your post at fault, you were simply the last reply on the page when Madison locked it. The thread was reported to the moderation team because there were personal insults being thrown around by a couple of the other participants, and we do not tolerate that behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True. We usually click "Reply" on the last message, and whoever it is gets named, but not necessarily blamed.  It's usually done on a reply aimed at no one in particular.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thank you for clearing that up for me, appreciated.

Yes, I can see that the general drift of the thread might escalate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines