• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questioning Adobes Upgrade policies

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2010 Dec 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been an Adobe user all the way back to PS5 and I have purchased every upgrade all the way to PS CS3 Design Premium.  Same with Illustrator.  I've had Lightroom ver 1,2 and 3. Also, Indesign ver 4 thru CS3.  When I purchased Adobe CS Standard then upgraded to CS3 Design Premium, I didn't know that I would never be able to upgrade single software programs from their CS3 version to any upgrades from there.  Early this year I dowloaded PS CS5, of course it wouldn't install because I have to purchase the entire CS5 Design Premium.  I called Adobe and they allowed me to Upgrade to PS CS5 because I had purchased so much from them in the past.  That was nice!  I didn't think about all this yesterday as I purchased CS5 Illustrator and CS5 Dreamweaver. I downloaded the software which by the way was $400.00.  When I tried to install it, it would not install, said my serial number wasn't valid.  I called Customer support and they informed me that I can't upgrade single products if I have CS3, that I would have to purchase the entire suite.  I told them about Adobe allowing me to upgrade my version of Photoshop CS3 to PS CS5  which was included in CS3 Design Premium, because of how much money I have spent with them.  They were not budging on this issue.  So, here it is, I spent $400 yesterday with Adobe, which now they have to refund me my money, that is money Adobe will never get from me again. I started to think about this upgrade path and how much money it is costing Adobe.  I think there are others out there that just don't need the newest ver of flash or Acrobat or Indesign, but would buy Illustrator and Dreamweaver.  Adobe is forcing people to purchase programs that they don't need.  For me to upgrade my version of Dreamweaver and Illustrator, I will have to purchase the full versions which we know is $1,000.00 for the two full versions.  So I am either going to have to buy the Design Premium upgrade for $799 but the owners of CS4 only have to pay $599, so I guess Adobe is saying you have to upgrade every year or we are going to penalize you with a higher cost for our products. Or I will have to buy the two full versions for $1,000.00.  I have been in business for along time and I think that Adobes policy is costing them hundreds of thousands of dollars or even more.  I for one will not purchase Adobe products again.  I figure I have spent around 10K-12K on Adobe software.  I have sent at least 10 people to Adobe for photoshop or even more to Lightroom.  It is a sad day that I will not be buying any new software from Adobe because of their rigid policies.  Once again I feel they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 25, 2010 Dec 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, you have posted to the Forum Comments, which is meant for the discussion of the fora.

As for the upgrade policy, I found out the same thing with about CS2. Though I had held a dozen individual program licenses, going back for decades in one case, and even before Adobe acquired some of the Aldus assets, after I upgraded from one of those to Production Studio, the individual upgrade path was closed, except for the entire suites, as I had two, though there was overlap between them.

I would contact Adobe Customer Service and let them know how you feel. Others have too.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2010 Dec 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Bill, I knew when I hit post it was the wrong forum......I tried to

find a way to delete the post but couldn't find one.....can you delete the

thread for me?

Thanks,

jB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2010 Dec 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

email address for feedback

adbecare@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot, not being a MOD. However, one of the tireless MOD's can probably move it for you. Happens a lot in the Premiere fora, when one accidentally posts to the PrElements forum, when they want CS5. The MOD's just pack it all up, and move it.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might sign up for a college class... obtain your student ID card... then buy individual products from one of the licensed Education outlets

Software is the same as retail, except for the title that shows during startup or on the Help--About screen, for as much as 80% off Msrp

https://www.academicsuperstore.com/ and http://www.studica.com/ are two such outlets... plus a college bookstore may have on the shelf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines