• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Queues take way too much time!!!!

LEGEND ,
May 02, 2009 May 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you post a question and include an attachment like a DXDIAG.TXT, is it NORMAL to have to wait MORE than 6 hours for it to become available? This is ludicrous. You can better send attachments by snail-mail than posting here on the forum.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forum Admin has said they are looking into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime I and others have had success using the "camera" icon to attach images. Prolly won't work for files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text can be copied to the clipboard and inserted as a quote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

While I appreciate your workaround, this hardly seems feasible for noobs that are requested to submit detailed info on their setup before their question can be answered, simply because a DXDIAG.TXT file is too big to quote. It gets truncated, so you have to post again and again, everytime starting where the previous quote was truncated. This is too much trouble for noobs and prevents the regulars from giving a correct answer or help to their problem.

In the past you could just post a link and you were done. Now you have to wait more than 6 hours, maybe even days for the info to become available for helpful souls. I don't think that is 'progress'. It is a giant step backwards.

After posting this answer, I'll probably have to login again, another side 'benefit' of the new forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past you could just post a link and you were done

sorry, maybe i missed something (and this is aside from your valid issue with queue times) but why can't you just post a link to it now? linking still works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to try it out:

http://www.millcon.nl/Harm/DxDiag.txt

and indeed that works fine. Thanks for your correction/suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you mean about the size!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DxDiag.txt

uploaded using the camera icon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooooh, JJ's a two-blobber.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked ! The thumbnail doesn't show in Chromium but the link displays the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno Bokor wrote:

DxDiag.txt

uploaded using the camera icon

That was interesting! I suspect a link would be better for people reading via email. I went over to the Testing sub-forum so I could check it out, but the camera icon is ghosted there.

Excuse me while I do the testing in here (wasn't subscribed to this thread earlier).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Via camera icon...

Text:

deleteme.txt

JS:

deleteme.js

HTML:

deleteme.html

Plus one Attach Files:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crap!

Again, I forgot that I do not get email notifications of my own messages. Did anybody see the three (camera-posted) files attached in the email?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they all worked!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plus one Attach Files:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Broken image icons here from Mark, Phos's is OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harm Millaard wrote:

When you post a question and include an attachment like a DXDIAG.TXT, is it NORMAL to have to wait MORE than 6 hours for it to become available?

I've seen it take well over 24 hours on several occasions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, more than weeks... there are still queued files that were posted in early-mid April...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the que was really fast, you couldn't tell the different between the que and just posting the file. The way it works now you really know its in the que...

<g, r, & d>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines