Exit

Queuing issue fixed?

Advocate ,
Jul 10, 2009 Jul 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10. Jul 10, 2009 12:01 PM  in response to: Kenneth Benson

Re: Alternating cell fills

We hosts got word yesterday or the day before that after months of testing and tracking stuck files, Jive has rolled out a fix this week (yesterday, I think) that is supposed to cure the queue problem. We've heard that before, so we'll see.

Peter

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2098802?tstart=0#2098802

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 10, 2009 Jul 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've heard that before, so we'll see.

Peter

Really? Really? I'm so shocked that Jive would ever release a completely broken fix, I just can't believe it!

Jive just goes to show you: "KISS".  They sure didn't, did they?  (Well, at least they did the "keep" and "stupid" parts.)  It takes some serious effort to be the only web forum I've ever visted to have major problems on, in probably 15 years of Intarweb usage.  That's just amazing.

But does Adobe even get this fix for the version of Jive they are on?  Are they really on an old version like someone said before?  I wouldn't get too excited yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2009 Jul 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We did in fact deploy a fix on Thursday night, so if you guys happen to see any more queued files, please report them here. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Queing seems to be fine so far from what I can see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one here, Kath: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/460875?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one here, Kath:

There is one here, kanguyen, I think you meant I have no magic powers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2009 Jul 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath,

There is one here, Kath:

There is one here, kanguyen, I think you meant I have no magic powers.

No Kath, I meant Kathy, just missed the last letter.

Apart from that, I do not believe you. Of course you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope. that went through...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still took over 20 minutes though, looks like. Again - images should get a pass, where could a virus be hiding in those?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, viruses can and have been spread by image files (exploiting bugs in the browser or OS file reading code).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris Cox wrote:

Again, viruses can and have been spread by image files (exploiting bugs in the browser or OS file reading code).

Browsers should long ago put in security fixes for that years ago.

Vast majority of today's bug are transfered /triggered  by Active-X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True PJ but if it happened once, a similar event could probably happen again.  It's probably best to virus scan images still if you want to be safe.  Would be nice if it didn't take 20 minutes, though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then why not disallow attaching of anything that can be handled by the camera icon? I assume that's somehow a safe method, since images appear immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Then why not disallow attaching of anything that can be handled by the camera icon? I assume that's somehow a safe method, since images appear immediately.

Dear Kath...

Everything you say, he says, she says and i say... are emminently logical and workable. Unfortunately, however, have you checked the name of the people who've created this load of garbage? It's Jive.... Yes, Jive. What would you, or anyone else for that matter, expect from a company with a name like that?

For further clarification, please do visit this link:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/458433?tstart=0

It kind of sums up what Jive is all about.

Cheers,

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yawn.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

yawn.gif

Good night. Sleep tight. Hope the bed bugs don't bite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely They are uploaded to a special server assigned for the purpose or a partion on a server for the purpose. While the attchment is attached directly to the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct even though such things are supposed be fixed, I guess it should be good measure, to check in case a new angle of attack has been used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2009 Jul 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And another queued file, Kathy: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/461352?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

showing for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

showing for me...

It does for me, too, now. It seems that you could open it after 25 minutes.

In the thread linked to in post #4, the OP linked to an external site after 27 minutes of queueing, so it seems that there is an occasional queueing time of up to about half an hour or more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

both times in this thread, i seem to have caught it at about 20 minutes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines