• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Queuing

Advocate ,
Apr 18, 2009 Apr 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realise attachments are being automatically scanned for viruses - but this is getting silly. I've just been looking at a question in the InDesign forum, and there are attachments there that have been queued for 10 hours. When someone requests a screenshot, so they can make sensible suggestions, this just stop the process dead. Can this be given a speed boost?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/418917?tstart=0

see? It's more broken than you think The problem is a known one, no point in bringing it up again and again(you don't tell a blind man that he can't see). If someone posts screenshots as attachments and it doesn't go pass the queue then tell them to use the camera icon instead(i hope they'll fix this soon, i'm tired of repeating the same thing over and over again)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does need to be fixed but, in the mean time, using the little camera icon is instant.

You probably knew that – but not everyone does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know it's been mentioned, but according to something DK said, squeaky wheels are getting moved up the greasing queue. (And these are posted by someone else, not me).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2009 Apr 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera icon limits inserted images to 600 x 450 pixels, which is often too small for screenshots.  Often I want to see the entire screen, or the user isn't sophisticated enough to crop the screenshot (I work with Photoshop Elements users).   So I'm still asking people to use www.pixentral.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you sure? lets test this out. See? works just fine, you can also right click it and chose open link in new tab to see the full version

1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting.  Silly me for believing what the Insert Image command told me: "images larger then 450px wide or 600px tall will be scaled to fit those limits in your content".   Note that in fact, the posted image is scaled to 620 pixels wide by a gazillion pixels tall.  And it didn't occur to me that the image would be scaled in the browser rather than the server.

I'll still recommend that users post at www.pixentral.com, because there's benefit in having other readers see the full-resolution screenshot, and the typical reader won't know this trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is that really a trick? i for one middle click on anything that i want to open in a new tab, i don't trust the web developers to properly implement linking in their sites

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too use tabs heavily, as do many if not most heavy Web users. However, I suspect that many users wouldn't think of opening the image in another tab to see it in high resolution, for a couple of reasons:

- It's not a common idiom on the Web.  Most services generally don't rely on browser-side scaling of large images, to ensure that pages download quickly.  And if there are high-resolution versions available, they'll indicate that explicitly with some kind of button or link (e.g. Flickr).

- A very large number of Photoshop Elements users are not very sophisticated and probably don't even use tabs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder whether it would be reasonable to add code to the pop out image which would add an option to view the full size image. I think, if I were new at this, and the even more miniturazed version popped up, I'd be looking for another indicator to make it bigger instead of smaller. Even just a magnifying glass with a plus sign in the other corner from the X would be a big help. How and where it would open... and how a newbie knows to get back to the original post would be the next questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's absolutely no point being able to click on the image above - which suggests a better/bigger view or direct link is available - and seeing a pop-out where the image is much smaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kath-H wrote:

There's absolutely no point being able to click on the image above - which suggests a better/bigger view or direct link is available - and seeing a pop-out where the image is much smaller.

But as someone pointed out, opening in a new tab means it can be clicked up to original size.

It's still a pain in the paintbucket though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines