• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick question

Engaged ,
Jun 23, 2009 Jun 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me how long the charade of the new forum style has been going on now? Seriously.

What was actually, noticeably, achieved in this seemingly endless time period to improve the more important, let us use a kind word, problems of the new format?

I think it is time for a swift death or a resurrection. We have had all this before, didn't we? Not that long ago. Just the details differed a little.

As an aside – tried to upload an image via the camera icon. Took forever, got a big error message with lots of waffle.

I rest my case.

Does Adobe ever get embarrassed? I would have sunk into the ground very long ago.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eighty (80) days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

egads! why, a man could travel around the WORLD in that time! poppycock you say? a RACE! i propose a RACE good sir!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most significant improvement I'm aware of is that they removed the unique identifiers from the Subject: line in email notifications. This enables email programs to "Group by Subject", but it does not support actual threading.

The next best improvement I'm aware of is extending the visible messages in a thread from 15 to 50 - resulting in fewer [Next Page] clicks (and subsequent page loads) required to view longer threads.

The third best improvement IMO, is adding the breadcrumb links at the bottom of the pages.

In other words, the only changes that are obvious to me are those that can (I think) be done by the Adobe team. I am not aware of any significant changes made by the Jive team, though there may be some under-the-hood performance improvements that aren't obvious to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya, I am glad for the bread crumbs as I was having trouble hitting the "Home" and "End" keys on my keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a keyboard junkie, but there are times when I'm just kicking back and just mousing around - typically with a drink in my other hand . They're convenient for those times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plus it's only one click

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're fast! Stopped me from editing my post.

I was about to add that this forum forces me to use a mouse anyway, just to get past that damn Tab key trap in the "Search Forums" field.

[Edit Oooh. I can say that word!]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I on the other hand find it faster to use the mouse rather than trying rember thousands of different keyboard shortcuts for all the different applications. If they all used exactly the same keyboard  shortcuts to do the same thing, would be different. Keyboard short cuts are different between different newsreader (unless created by the same company) Short Cuts in Microsoft Products are Different and of conflict with OS X's shortcuts. Adobe's shortcuts are different than Microsoft's and so on.

Also the mousing experience has to do a lot with the setting for speed and tracking of the mous and even the brand or style of mouse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 24, 2009 Jun 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

Keyboard short cuts are different between different newsreader (unless created by the same company) Short Cuts in Microsoft Products are Different and of conflict with OS X's shortcuts. Adobe's shortcuts are different than Microsoft's and so on.

Also the mousing experience has to do a lot with the setting for speed and tracking of the mous and even the brand or style of mouse

What? No Sea Monkey?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using the mouse or keyboard shortcuts applies to all Applications

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PjonesCET wrote:

using the mouse or keyboard shortcuts applies to all Applications

And Sea Monkey?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the new forum. Do not complain or we will hang a red flag with our logo on it in the upper left hand corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saskatchewanobie wrote:

This is the new forum. Do not complain or we will hang a red flag with our logo on it in the upper left hand corner.

Please note: If you can see that warning flag, it means you have only three more posts before you are banned for ever!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines