Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Mark all as read" doesn't work in Chrome at all. +1 Jive bug

Jul 07, 2009 Jul 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All it does is send you back to the top of the screen. Useless.

And I can see why, here's the link: http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments#

I finally get brave enough to try clicking the button, and it doesn't work--shocking.  At least it didn't format the hard drive, had a 50/50 chance of getting Jived on that one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you well know now, Jive means:

verb tr., intr.:

1. To deceive, to flatter, to taunt, to talk nonsense.

adjective:

1. Insincere or deceptive.

noun:

1. Insincere, pretentious, or exaggerated talk.

Also slang for weed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chrome is not supported, don'cha know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

I gathered as much... hence kindly refer to my post above...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

But seriously.... How can a standards compliant browser not be supported?!!! The mind boggles!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who says it was standards compliant?  MircoSoft was one of the original signator of the w3c when it was first started. Yet until begining with IE 7 and more so with IE8  has IE become compliant. For years MS used their standing or Offices with w3c to find out what the standards were, Just so they could go directly the opposite. So IE users would have to be looked into using it for site written for IE. Now that Gates is not calling day to day shots as MS, Ms has ventured more into the real world. along with MS , apple was an original signator  or backer of w3c.

If everyone followed w3c standards, then any browser could read, and view any web page from anyone.  Wasn't always so, but getting closer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

Who says it was standards compliant?  MircoSoft was one of the original signator of the w3c when it was first started. Yet until begining with IE 7 and more so with IE8  has IE become compliant. For years MS used their standing or Offices with w3c to find out what the standards were, Just so they could go directly the opposite. So IE users would have to be looked into using it for site written for IE. Now that Gates is not calling day to day shots as MS, Ms has ventured more into the real world. along with MS , apple was an original signator  or backer of w3c.

If everyone followed w3c standards, then any browser could read, and view any web page from anyone.  Wasn't always so, but getting closer.

And he knows it's true because he misunderstood it on the internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.opaquelucidity.com/facepalm.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 08, 2009 Jul 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant! Wish it was my thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 09, 2009 Jul 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayJhabrix wrote:

Brilliant! Wish it was my thread

I'm all for giving out pointless points to undermine the system, but I'm taking that as more of the usual bullying of PJ and I'm getting a little jaded by it. If that's not the intent and it's aimed at something else, file an appeal and I'll see what I can do.  lol  The picture itself is awesome, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 08, 2009 Jul 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury if it doesn't work in Chrome then it's a bug in Chrome. Again what version of Chrome are you actually using ? If you want to help; post the problem to the Chromium Project so the bug can get fixed. I doubt it's a bug or you're using the general release version which doesn't have all the latest addons and recent capabilities.

I've on the developer trunk and I have no problems with these forums working other than the known bugs, or features not yet added to JIVE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure you say you have no problems, but why should I risk running a non-production version of Chrome just to get this ****ing forum working correctly?

Does anyone else think this should be considered a CHROME (a JavaScript focused browser) bug rather than a Jive bug?

Chrome works fine with almost every other website I visit. But it's a Chrome bug? Given Jive's track record, it's not a Jive bug...? Sure about that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

Sure you say you have no problems, but why should I risk running a non-production version of Chrome just to get this ****ing forum working correctly?

Does anyone else think this should be considered a CHROME (a JavaScript focused browser) bug rather than a Jive bug?

Chrome works fine with almost every other website I visit. But it's a Chrome bug? Given Jive's track record, it's not a Jive bug...? Sure about that?

Non Production version of Chrome ? WTF ?! The beta's and developer versions are stable What differentiates them is not bugs but the versions of webkit, V8 and the extensions features that are now being rolled out, as well as themes. There is a different paradigm in the way Google is developing this software; The definitions of terms beta/developer's version don't apply. If you don't want to see the improvements then fine with me; But the issue you're complaining about is a bug in the browser (if it exists) not the forums.

So you can stop the bull crap; you're not helping get the forums fixed by being misleading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry but "beta"  != production

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

sorry but "beta"  != production

Thank you, that's my main point here.

Are we really saying beta software is production software?  It's not by it's very definition.  Is that really want you want to say?  Oh my...

Have fun telling all the future "outdated latest production version" Chrome users that stop by here to upgrade to the "production beta" version, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 10, 2009 Jul 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beta so far as Software is concerned equals work in progress. I tmay have missing features , It may have bugs, use at your own risk. Such risk you take with Beta software is at least crash of Program, worse could be crash of computer. The only software you can trust is Release Candidate, or after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOT in the Google world, Phillip. They just turned off the beta labels on GMail and their other Cloud products this week; Just for that reason. People's perception of the old software development paradigm. Most companies are moving away from this; some more slowly than others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

Thank you, that's my main point here.

Are we really saying beta software is production software?  It's not by it's very definition.  Is that really want you want to say?  Oh my...

Have fun telling all the future "outdated latest production version" Chrome users that stop by here to upgrade to the "production beta" version, I guess.

I'm not trying to convince anyone -- Just giving the facts. You were complaining about an issue not related to any Forum problem, and I was trying to help you out, by suggesting that you move to a better version of Google Chrome. If you want to be stubborn, so be it. <shrug> I'm not going to suggest people use a buggy version; that wouldn't make me look very good, now would it ?!

Just like I suggested Chrome to you in the first place ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S.D.A. wrote:

I'm not going to suggest people use a buggy version; that wouldn't make me look very good, now would it ?!

Probably not, but how sure are you that it's not buggy if they never have a real beta?  Are you that confident that it works as a production browser, even on non-Jived websites?  (I'm guessing yes.)  I may try upgrading to see what happens but if it's buggy, I blame you entirely. LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case beta|developer release == production as usual with Google.

The pardigm is to update fast and release often and have the bugs worked out on the Chromium branch. The Google branch doesn't have many bugs and is better than what most companies offer as release software. You should know that Google is much different in this respect by now Dave. They use beta on their release products for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S.D.A. wrote:

...Google ... use beta on their release products for years.

And overnight have removed the 'Beta' tag from most of their stuff... no change in the product... just removal of the tag... for purely commercial reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely they must have read this thread !

BTW I work on the Chromium project so I do have a clue of what I'm talking about here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S.D.A. wrote:

Abolutely they must have read this thread !

BTW I work on the Chromium project so I do have a clue of what I'm talking about here.l

so you admit you're biased.

In this case beta|developer release == production as usual with Google.

no. not at all. not ever. not even a little bit. that's exactly WHY they removed the beta tag from their products. because companies weren't the using beta-tagged products.

if they have a "production ready" product it needs to be labeled so. or "release" or "gold" or some other standard. they don't get to redefine the term "beta" or "developer release" just becase they're google. wtf is that?!! there's a whole buisiness world out there where beta means one thing. and that means 'Not Ready For Prime Time'. it means "last step where testing is occuring and it might change without notice". it means "NOT THE PRODUCTION VERSION".

and in the real business world, we can't and don't run "beta" versions of critical software on our production machines. and yes, often the browser IS critical software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LIke I said perception Dave, not because they were in fact beta. For reference please read this; it's official.

Sure I'm biased as I know it's the best browser and only getting better. You do know it's going to be the shell or "chrome" of the recently announced GoogleOS for netbooks ?

From the above referenced URI;

"What's in a name? Apparently, not much, since Gmail's perpetual beta only meant that there are still significant features that need to be added. "We have very, very high standards for the product, as we do for all Google products. But we are not ready to come out of beta yet. There are a few things that we're working on, and once we meet a couple more of those criteria, we would love to come out of beta," said Gmail's Product Manager Todd Jackson in March. "

Lacking "features" NOT necessarily bugs determines Google's development status. That's all I've been saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea, i read all that. "what's in a name"? corporate perception. hence the removal of the beta tag.

<shrug>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines