Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Mark all as read" doesn't work in Chrome at all. +1 Jive bug

Jul 07, 2009 Jul 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All it does is send you back to the top of the screen. Useless.

And I can see why, here's the link: http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments#

I finally get brave enough to try clicking the button, and it doesn't work--shocking.  At least it didn't format the hard drive, had a 50/50 chance of getting Jived on that one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 10, 2009 Jul 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude, I wasn't trying to be uno an a-r-s-e and 1up u. I just had to get that off my chest.  Some of the children running amok here need to be straightened out a bit to learn that volume of words doesn't mean substance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, actually SDA may have a point there about Google's past history of abusing the standard definition of beta.

dave milbut wrote:

and in the real business world, we can't and don't run "beta" versions of critical software on our production machines. and yes, often the browser IS critical software.

Still, this is how the industry functions, whether Google likes it or not.  I may be able to upgrade myself but most sane organizations will not touch anything that says beta on it.

Maybe I'll try "upgrading" to the developer version (it seems I have little choice), but it makes me wonder--what the hell is Google using for "real" beta testing?  Do they plan on operating more and more like Jive, releasing buggy "beta production software" for users to debug for them?  Their reasoning is illogical--they are using the term beta to say they still plan more features?  That's not what the term was created for.  Why not follow the lead of every single other application in the history of IT and just release new versions when they want to add features?  I guess Google wants to be the new special IT company, taking Microsoft's place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys... my point exactly... overnight Google's various 'Beta' stuff drops the beta tag. I'm questioning their 'high-faluting' reasons for retaining beta – nothing is ever perfect! – it's the sheer alacrity with which they dropped the 'beta' tag overnight. For straight commercial reasons. So great! But let's not have hypocrisy!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayJhabrix wrote:

But let's not have hypocrisy!!!

Who's creating it? (Not being wise, honestly you lost me. lol)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you work on or run the Chrome Project. How about thelling the folks to get a Mac version going.

I'd atleast like to have a copy on my drive even if I primarily use Mozilla products.

Between my two computers I have:

Safari 4

FireFox 3.5

Opera 9.64

iCab

Omniweb

SeaMonkey 1.1.17

And try out certain Web Browsers from time to time Just to see how they work and if they work better than FF/SM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a short memory old chap. Since you run PPC architecture, no Chrome for you.

Does the latest Safari run on your 'puter ?

O and BTW I don't run anything. Just another volunteer on an open source project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 11, 2009 Jul 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know Chrome doesn't work on PPC Mac's. But, I go to the site, and there is no Chrome for any Macintosh. Yes  for now Safari 4.0 does work for me. I can do even the auto updates like you do for regular system software. In fact just now checking for Software updates I found a 4.2 version ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't any consumer versions;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was refering to this link:http://www.google.com/chrome/

which shows this box:
SeaMonkeypicture001.png

Which implies no version ready for Mac.

If your one of the developers and they have one that Mac user  can play with. They had better fix this link So that it is not implying something it shouldn't. Sign upo for news about news about development  .. means to me that they are in development stages and don't even have a beta version out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign upo for news about news about development  .. means to me that they are in development stages and don't even have a beta version out.

no. no it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True Dave it doesn't necessarily mean that but some people could interpret it that way. It's just a matter of clear communication (or clear as mud).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 12, 2009 Jul 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, It's one thing thing for one of the developers to know what is meant by a particular window,  button, warning or announcement. Its another for product users to decide what they mean.

When devopers create an announment They have to think like lowly users, many of whom (not all) barely know how to find the button to push, or switch to flip to turn computer on or off. Not as a highly trained or emensely genius developer whom already knows what's actually going on.

I too don't wish to get in long winded conversations either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If people can't figure it out, they're not the type of person's the early release is targeted towards.

Look, I don't really care about having a discussion over semantics with you, it takes too much time to decipher what you're saying. I prefer to spend my time in more fruitful endeavours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You're probably not the target audience."

- r_harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dave milbut wrote:

"You're probably not the target audience."

- r_harvey

Could be, but, then I've been computer user since the days of the SE/30. So I am not exactly a neophyte. But when I read that link I gave it implied to me, there was no version read for the Mac even to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines