• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"updated" is pretty lame

Enthusiast ,
Apr 11, 2009 Apr 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I open a multi-page thread which is marked as "updated" on the main page and then go back to the main page the "updated" indication goes away.  If that's how it's supposed to work then it's pretty screwed up!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob_Peters wrote:

If I open a multi-page thread which is marked as "updated" on the main page and then go back to the main page the "updated" indication goes away.  If that's how it's supposed to work then it's pretty screwed up!

Bob, are you clicking on the title of the multi-page thread to be taken to the first page or on the timestamp above the poster's name to be taken to the last post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ya, i've found clicking on the timestamp and then visually tracking back to my last read is loads quicker than clicking on the title then ovre to the last page then looking down the list...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but yes, "updated" is lame. needs to be replaced with little red flags... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is wanting to find out whether the unread indicator goes away just by opening the first page of a multi-page thread. I'd like to think that unless you touch all pages with unread messages, it would contine to be marked as containing unread posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not try it and let us know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I did it for you. Went to a multi-page thread with 'updated' showing. Clicked the actual thread title to go to the first page. Returned via the breadcrumb trail. Still saying 'updated'.

Software isn't dumb enough (or maybe clever enough) to have a vague idea that something, somewhere has been added. It can only know that a specific thing has happened. That's why I keep saying it knows which post triggered the 'updated' flag for an individual user, so I don't see why we can't be taken straight there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicked the actual thread title to go to the first page. Returned via the breadcrumb trail. Still saying 'updated'.

after a reload?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep, even after refresh it's still showing updated and the thread title is still big and bold

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 12, 2009 Apr 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DorothyK@Adobe wrote:

Bob_Peters wrote:

Bob, are you clicking on the title of the multi-page thread to be taken to the first page or on the timestamp above the poster's name to be taken to the last post?

I was clicking on the title of the multi-page thread.  As I said, when I do that and then go "back" the "updated" indicator is gone.  That is still the case.

You are correct, I should probably just click on the timestamp to get to the last post.  However, that doesn't really solve the problem, does it?  I them will have to scroll backwards.

I don't see why we should accept less that we had.  Yes, yes it's "what we have".  That doesn't mean I have to like or use the current forums.  The layout and functionality are many steps backwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

webpagess is very slow

[Moderator Edit: Spam links removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that Turkish spam in the comments forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines