• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"You must reset your password. Check inbox for email we just sent you." Not at old or new.

Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying all day to change my email address associated with my Adobe account, using Firefox, my default browser. I am able to access my acct (old e-address), make changes in account, but then the screen displays:

Required Password Reset: To protect the security of your account, you must reset your password. Please check your inbox for an email we just sent you with instructions for how to reset your password and log into your account.

I have checked both email accts throughout the day, including spam folders. Cleared browser history etc. Tried using Internet Explorer. And every other action they recommend.

How can I get through the Password Reset Wall?

Thanks,

Sandra

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When did you last change your password?  Adobe requires you to change your password at least once if you haven't done so for about a year when it was last hacked.

All of us were required to change our password.  If you find this a headache then simply add 01 after your old password to get rid of the screen message.  Effectively your new password become: "something01" instead of "something"   You get the idea what I mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mytaxsite,

Thanks so much for replying.

I last changed my password about 6 or 7 months ago, definitely in this calendar year.

My problem is that I never receive this email, the one with "instructions for how to reset your password and log into your account."

I've tried to do it on my own, but it doesn't "stick" -- sometimes it even seems like it will... but then next time I log in, I'm back to square one.

Sandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Dave. I think your link helped to solve my problem. Now that I have a new password, I'd like to ask this: Is making changes to your account so difficult for others? I ask because changing my password wasn't even the reason I was accessing my Adobe account.

What I really want to do is to switch primary (1) and alternate (2) email addresses. I have a third (3) email address, which I can use for this process. For example, my idea is to replace (2) with (3), then (1) with (2), then (3) with (1). [I had already tried switching them; a lost cause.]

I replaced (2) with (3). BUT! "An email has been sent to your inbox. Please check your email to complete verification."

But I check all three email addresses and spam folders in each, several (m@any) times in a day, and that email never arrives. Even when I try making a different change.

And all this so that I can prepare to purchase Adobe XI and have all communication between Adobe and me at that (currently) #2 address, which is the one I use for almost everything, and to keep all my receipts, software and hardware correspondence, and oh everything.

Thanks for reading so far; if you (or anyone) have another way to accomplish this, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If a user has multiple AdobeIDs it's much simpler to open a chat session with Customer Care, as they can swap or merge information from each account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines