Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: For Adobe Support Community Administrators - URGENT

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who created this profile for me?

I did not authorise this. And more to the point this is not my Adobe forum name under my account, this name is soul_

I  have posted 4 questions in the community using soul_ so can some explain what is going on?

Also I can now only access  2 of the 4 questions I have posted.  Two questions have magicaly disappeared.

It seems some chacaters have been added to the end of my Adobe Forum name soul_ to make this riduclous ID of soul_-UNOIKh

I also notice somonee else with my profile name soul_ which was created in 2018.  6 yaers after I created mine. 

I assume two people can not have the same Adobe forum name, is this correct?

If so then please can someon etell me how can my profile name that was created in 2012 this being soul_ be now soul_-UNOIKh and how can there be another id of soul_ created in 2018 be in my place?

Can someone help me out with this.

Thanks 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click your avatar picture at the upper right and select profile to edit your information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screen shot.jpegDear John

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried this but it just reloads the same page (see screen shot above)

There is nothing that stands out that allows me to edit my profile.

I can goto My settings this allows me to change things like email, first name , last name etc but not my Forum profile name.

So I am not sure what is going on. Do you have any other thoughts to what may be happening?

Deepest regards

S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear John Thank you for your suggestion. I tried this but it just reloads the same page (see screen shot) There is nothing that stands out that allows me to edit my profile. I can goto My settings this allows me to change things like email, first name , last name etc but not my Forum profile name. So I am not sure what is going on. Do you have any other thoughts to what may be happening? Deepest regards S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click my avatar picture, the 1st option is MY PROFILE (2nd option is SETTINGS)

I have no idea why that does not show for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, When i click the avatar picture, I do get the list - Profile, My settings etc, But when I press profile nothing loads. When you press Profiles what happens for you,? Do you get an option to change your profile name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Sept 11, Adobe switched the forum software from JIVE-X to Khoros.  Some screen names got mashed up in the transition.   Nobody here can change your screen name except you.  To do that, log-in to your Adobe account Profile page at the link below.

https://account.adobe.com/profile

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for the information.

That is an interesting date to decide to change software.

I have gone to My Account Profile as suggested and there I saw under Adobe Forum Name it states my profile name as soul_

I changed a few characters of soul_ to see if it updated. It changes it on My account (profile page) on Adobe’s main site but not the profile name in Adobe Support Community - it stays as soul_-UNOIKh

Do you have other thoughts on what to do?

Kind regards

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The concerned Adobe team has been notified of new forum bugs. I'll try to get more info from them in the coming days.
Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines