• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Marking Correct Answers [Branched & moved from 3 yr old topic]

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're all questions and many have incorrect answers marked correct.

TOPICS
General Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

So what's your point exactly? 

Yes, software changes rapidly.  That's nothing new. 

Old topics should be locked so as not to cloud problems related to yesterday's versions with today's versions. Again, nothing new.  But what any of this has to do with Adobe's financial strategy, I have no idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very old thread and the forum platform has changed since this thread was posted.

Things don't work as descrbied here any longer.

Please list the url of threads with wrong answers in a new thread and a moderator can fix them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only forum moderators and the original poster can mark their question as correctly answered when logged-in. Otherwise the option is not available. 

If you didn't post the original question but you received a helpful answer, give it a LIKE.

To change a question from Correct to not correct requires a moderator.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Software that's changing frequently means it's far from perfection. The rules of Illustrator are changing too fast for moderators to keep up. Sometimes the user asks a question assuming the first part of the answer because of something that used to be true (i.e. how to use a tool for x, y, or z) so the assumed correct answer involves how to use the tool mentioned correctly INSTEAD of the correct workflow. I only consult these forums to find out how to do something I once knew. I feel like Adobe's depreciating my education by breaking their own stuff, constantly updating and ever reserving the right to change things to suit Adobe, not the user. (i.e. actions in Photoshop 2018). I've been here for 24 years. Giving up is not an option, so I'm trapped and surviving downstream of the whims of Adobe's financial strategists who are now telling the developers how to do their job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what's your point exactly? 

Yes, software changes rapidly.  That's nothing new. 

Old topics should be locked so as not to cloud problems related to yesterday's versions with today's versions. Again, nothing new.  But what any of this has to do with Adobe's financial strategy, I have no idea.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies for the rantiness. My point is that I shouldn't have to spend so much time relearning the same funtions of the same software. No one can "master" the software unless they're getting a constant tutorial stream from the headquarters. That's planned dependency, the subscription model for competency, and I don't like it. Also, the Adobe CC based rapid updating suite IS relatively new and generally unstable. 

You are very nice and knowledgable Nancy,

Thanks for hearing me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines