• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reading and Managing new/unread posts

Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to make sure I logged these two critical items here and filed under the “bug” tag:

1. When reading posts in a board, there is no way to keep track of which posts have/have not been read, or which have new content that needs to be reviewed. In the previous forum software, new content was distinguishable with boldface in the topic titles. 
  2. When viewing a list of posts in a board, there is no sorting mechanism to bring newer content to the top. If a user posts a reply to an older topic, that topic remains buried chronologically according to when the original topic was created. There is no sorting option to bring newer replies to the top for reading. 

There are a ton of other things, but these two in particular make it nearly impossible to read/manage/respond to posts in a reliable and effective way. 

Also, if any of the staff read this, it would be good to understand whether it’s better to break up a post like this one into two separate posts, one for each issue, or combine as I’ve done here. 

Mike

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I second this request. I can't even understand how a forum software where that feature is missing could be installed by a company like Adobe. Not serious. Things seem to be totally out of control. I didn't think that one day I could say "Please, back to Jive".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I dislike email-notifications and preferred simply droppng by the Forum when I had time  and check out the latest threads and in particular the latest unread posts to threads I was following in the browser. 

This Forum incarnation does seemingly not provide a meaningful way to do that so as far as I am concerned this will likely decrease my participation some. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines