• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Receiving a verification code that I did not ask for.

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got 4 emails sending a verification code to me but I did not ask for any of them. How do I stop someone who's trying to log into my account? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

I think all these replies may be missing the point. If someone tries to log in to your account, you do indeed get a confirmation email or text. This doesn't do them any good, and doesn't do you any good. You can't stop people trying to login. If your password is secure, they won't succeed. Mostly, they will give up. Sometimes, it's people with a very similar Adobe ID and a typing problem. Sometimes, it's someone trying to log in on a computer you recently used.

Of course the email MIGHT be fake,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a phishing mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek is probably right. To be safe, I'd log in to your Adobe account (directly! no clicky-linky!) and update your password and check your email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scan your computer for viruses and spyware.

Change your Adobe password ASAP.  Add 2-step verification if you haven't already.

Please log-in to your account below.
https://account.adobe.com/plans

Report abuse and suspicious e-mails to: p h i s h i n g @ a d o b e . c o m  (without spaces).

===========
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think all these replies may be missing the point. If someone tries to log in to your account, you do indeed get a confirmation email or text. This doesn't do them any good, and doesn't do you any good. You can't stop people trying to login. If your password is secure, they won't succeed. Mostly, they will give up. Sometimes, it's people with a very similar Adobe ID and a typing problem. Sometimes, it's someone trying to log in on a computer you recently used.

Of course the email MIGHT be fake, so never follow links in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Vicky 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines