Receiving unsolicited email notifications

Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote here 81., this morning I started receiving what I now see are email notifications of messages posted in that thread, starting with, and including, my own message #79. Apparently, these messages are associated with my other identity, Claudio_González, which I haven't used in two weeks.

I know I haven't asked to be notified by email of anything happening in these forums, so I would be very grateful if someone could put an end to this. If this also means removing my second identity, so much the better.

Message was edited by: Claudio González

Claudio González wrote on 12/7/2009 11:17 PM:

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/16640/cookies.JPG

Curious thing is that I deleted all Adobe related cookies early in the morning, so there seems to be a discrepancy. Unless the way the 30 years are being counted introduces an eight day shift or something.

Leap years.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Receiving unsolicited email notifications

Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote here 81., this morning I started receiving what I now see are email notifications of messages posted in that thread, starting with, and including, my own message #79. Apparently, these messages are associated with my other identity, Claudio_González, which I haven't used in two weeks.

I know I haven't asked to be notified by email of anything happening in these forums, so I would be very grateful if someone could put an end to this. If this also means removing my second identity, so much the better.

Claudio González wrote on 12/7/2009 11:17 PM:

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/16640/cookies.JPG

Curious thing is that I deleted all Adobe related cookies early in the morning, so there seems to be a discrepancy. Unless the way the 30 years are being counted introduces an eight day shift or something.

Leap years.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 03, 2009 0
Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I don't use email notifications, I don

't know if these normally include one's own posts. In any case, I posted a further message in the other thread, and received an email notification for it.

Incidentally, I cannot login using my other personality, so I cannot see if there is a request for notifications associated with it.

Extra linefeed kindly provided by the software (Firefox/Mac).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

It has been my experience that one can set the e-mail notifications at several levels, and in several places. One of the options is to notify on "All Posts by Me," or similar. If that is checked (default maybe?), then ALL posts, including the original will trigger e-mail notification.

Here's a look at some of the major places to look:

E-Mail_Profile_01.jpg

E-Mail_Profile_02.jpg

With the Jive software, there are several possible places, so some investigation might be in order.

Good luck,

Hunt

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2009 1
Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information, Hunt. The problem is that I cannot log in

using my second identity.

Extra linefeed kindly provided by the software (Explorer/Vista).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I had not picked up on that. It's your "dobbleganger" getting all the e-mail then. Hope he's also not surfing unsavory sites...

At least my alter-egos must not have e-mail notification set to ON. I count myself lucky, though none of them have posting privileges - at least not that I have extended to 'em.

Good luck,

Hunt

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2009 0
Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Email notifications do not send you your own posts (though I wish they did so you know that your message got posted)

It sounds like your other account's preferences are set to automatically subscribe you to any threads you post in. The Claudio_González account has 7 email subscriptions. I can remove those, but I cannot go in and change your preferences. You should stop getting those emails now, but if you log in with that account again and post a message you will get subscribed to the thread that message is in unless you first change the preferences on that account.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2009 0
Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information, John. Some observations

:

Email notifications do not send you your own posts (though I wish they did so you know that your message got posted)

Yes, I see now, posts by Claudio González are been sent to Claudio_González, not the same person for the software.

It sounds like your other account's preferences are set to automatically subscribe you to any threads you post in.

The email notifications started this morning, and are only affecting that particular thread. And I haven't used the other account in two weeks.

The Claudio_González account has 7 email subscriptions. I can remove those, but I cannot go in and change your preferences.

Yes, by all means, please remove them.

You should stop getting those emails now, but if you log in with that account again and post a message you will get subscribed to the thread that message is in unless you first change the preferences on that account.

I did try to change the preferences, but I was unable to log in. I used every combination of IDs/passwords I could think of, including my email address as ID (which I'm sure I have never used), buy none worked. I am logged in automatically as Claudio_González when my 24 hours as Claudio González end, but if that problem has been solved, it could well happen that I can never log in again. Which would be a blessing unless I misteriously start getting email notifications again.

Extra initial linefeed kindly provided by the software (Explorer/Vista).

After posting, I see that I am getting the extra garbage at the beginning of quotes. I'll try to remove it manually in the last quote.

Message was edited by: Claudio González. Reason: Addition

Partially succeeded; cannot remove the first line; will clear up the other quotes. Now moved to Safari; got fed up of been taken back to the first message.

Message was edited again by: Claudio González, for a new addition.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2009 0
Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a new message in the affected thread over half an hour ago, and so far I have not received any notification. Thanks, John?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2009 0
Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My identity has just been changed to Claudio_González in Safari/Vista (I think my 24 hours have ended). Although I am welcomed in the store and the forums, I cannot access my account to eliminate eventual subscriptions.

Captura.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2009 0
Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forums just pick up whichever account you log in with at Adobe.com. We have no control over which account you log in with.

What happens if you click on the Your Stuff link in the gray bar at the top of the forum and click on Profile? What does it show there?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2009 0
Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not logged in at Adobe.com. I was correctly logged in the forums, got my identity changed without my intervention, and have no Profile button:

Captura2.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

Thank you. This is obviously a change with Jive. In the previous version of the Adobe fora, if one had e-mail notification turned on for "All Posts by Me," or similar syntax, they were first notified OF their own post, and then replies that came in.

I appreciate the correction. Sometimes, it tough to try and remember what was, and what is now.

Thanks,

Hunt

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2009 0
Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I didn't read carefully enough. I did manage to eliminate both automatic subscriptions, and it seems I am no longer subscribed to anything. I would however like to stop having my identity changed.

Anything else before I log out and relog using my normal identity?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2009 0
Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your identity is NOT changing. You have more than one account in the Forums and at Adobe.

The screen shot you posted shows your Adobe.com login. I'm asking you to look at your forum profile in the gray bar at the top of the forum (below the Adobe banner, not at the top of the page)...

Without giving out your email address here is information from your accounts:

Account 1

Name: Claudio González

Adobe ID: a name, not an email address, begins with cor...

Screen Name: Claudio González

Email: Claudio@xxxxx

Forum account ID: 218230

Number of forum messages: 3,035

Account 2

Name: Claudio González

Adobe ID: your email address

Screen Name: Claudio_González

Email: Claudio@xxxxx

Forum account ID: 38868

1. of forum messages: 401

If, when prompted to log in at Adobe.com (the forums do not have a login page), you enter your email address and password you will be logged in as account #2 (with the underscore in your name).

If you enter the cor... name and password, you will be logged in as account #1.

The Adobe sign in page doesn't normally keep your information, but you may have asked your browser(s) to remember which account to sign in with. So maybe try clearing out the remembered info for adobe.com and then log in again with the name/password, not email/password, and see if that gets you in with the account you want to be using.

John

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2009 0
Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio, if the system continues to vascillate and sometimes identify you as account 1 and other times account 2, can I have someone from Jive contact you directly?

Looking at the history of message posts, Account 1 is the one that you associated with your old WebCrossing ID and the message history there goes back to 2002 in the PageMaker forum (which was on the WebX system).

Account 2 looks like the one you used in the old Macromedia/FuseTalk forums. All of your message history there is in the adobe.com feedback forum which came over from the Macromedia forums.

John

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2009 0
Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, I don't seem to be explaining myself very clearly.

I have not logged in using my email address ID (Account 2). Even if I wanted to do it, I cannot because none of my normal passwords is associated with my email ID. And as used the same email address for both accounts, if I click on the Forgot Your Password? button, I am sent the one of my Account 1 (cor... ID).

In short, what is happening is this. After following the complete logout procedure of the FAQs, deleting cookies, and closing and reopening my browser, I log in using my cor... ID (Account 1). After that, I remain logged in as Claudio González for about 24 hours, regardless of what I do with my browser, and even through shutdowns. After those 24 hours, when I enter the forums, I am no longer logged in normally, but I am welcomed as Claudio_González, completely without my intervention. This can happen immediately after a shutdown, or long after one. I get the same behaviour in Firefox/Mac, Explorer/Vista and Safari/Vista; and I have not instructed any of my browsers to remember my login information.

Hope I have been more clear this time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2009 0
Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfectly clear. That's why I'm asking to have someone contact you directly.

There must be a cookie on your system that logs you back in after those 24 hours.

In the meantime, I'm going to try sending you a password reset for account # 2.

John

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2009 0
Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But in Explorer I have no choice and have to delete all my cookies...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2009 0
Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which makes your situation even more confusing. There isn't an automatic login for either Adobe.com or Forums.adobe.com.

When logged in with account #2 (as your screen capture in message #9 shows), can you click on the Your Account link there and go to your Adobe.com account settings? Or does it prompt you to log in again at that point?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2009 0
Engaged ,
Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But in Explorer I have no choice and have to delete all my cookies...

Tools > Internet Options > General > (Browsing history) Settings > View files. Then Search button and Search for files or folders named > adobe. This brings up for me a few image files, a couple of scripts and five cookies. Select the cookies and hit Delete.

Noel

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2009 0
Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

Which makes your situation even more confusing. There isn't an automatic login for either Adobe.com or Forums.adobe.com.

When logged in with account #2 (as your screen capture in message #9 shows), can you click on the Your Account link there and go to your Adobe.com account settings? Or does it prompt you to log in again at that point?

I am prompted to log in again. And yes, you may ask someone from Jive to contact me directly (sorry, I had missed that message).

I did receive, and followed, the instructions to change my password in Account 2 (email address ID). Only that I have no interest whatsoever in using or keeping that account.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2009 0
Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Noel, I may try following your instructions next timr. However, not knowing them has helped in this case to show that my problem is more complicated than it looks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2009 0
Mentor ,
Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not change the username to

something not so close say Rumplestilskin (just and example)  so they can't get mixed up. Mayb ethe names are so close the dtatabases for user names are getting confused.

Just a suggestion

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2009 0
Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, I would expect the software to operate with IDs and not with screen names... My two IDs are completely different.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2009 0
Mentor ,
Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought maybe if your renamed it you could at least indentify which account was showing up.

I have two accounts as well one I want to get rid of too. If I sign in using my username and password the account I don't want anymore shows up. If I sign up using my email address this one I am using now shows up. the both are tied to the same email address. because at the time when I signed up at Macromedia I didn't know adobe wasn't going to takeover Macromedia. so I used basically the same user name and password for both except,  my name here is Phillip Jones, and there was Phillip Jones, CET.  At Macromedia the database was based on your username while here is based on your email address. So I have to use my username here in order to use proper name and username.  If you change  the username to something off the wall maybe it won't be as likely to be mixed up.

Also there is a another dilemma   presented. According to directions at adobe.com if you change email address you are in essence creating a new account.  But what happens if say your cable company is bought out , changes hands, or your DSL - ISP goes out of business or is sold.  You now have a new account created simply because of circumstances beyond you control by having to change your email address.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2009 0
Dec 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, I have just switched on m

y Mac and, although I think my 24 hours had not ended yet,

I found that this time I had been simply logged out. No automatic relog with my other identity. That is some progress.

Just in case, I went through the whole formal logout-login procedure, this time eliminating all my cookies-. We will have to wait, probably until tomorrow, to know what happens.

I will report

later about what happens in my Vista laptop, which I haven't switched on yet.

Extra linefeeds kindly provided by the software (Firefox/Mac).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2009 0
Dec 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, my problem is not tha

t I have two identities, but that I am automatically logged in with the second when my 24 hours period with the first expires.

What you say about changes of email addresses is what has always prevented me from accepting the invitation to use one as my Adobe ID. I have no recollection of having used one in my second account, and my records say I didn't, buy it is there.

Extra linefeeds kindly provided by the software.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2009 0
Mentor ,
Dec 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a friendly suggestion.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2009 0
Dec 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched on my Vista machine about

1 hour ago. I was still logged in as Claudio González in Explorer. In Safari, I had left things as reported yesterday in case I was asked to test something else. Well, I have just opened Explorer again, and when entering the forums, I was now welcomed as Claudio_González. If I remember correctly, the 24 hours since my last login must have expired in this one hour interval. This seems to confirm that I am first logged out, and then relogged in automatically, but using my second identity.

I will try the following experiment in Safari/Vista. First, I will log out completely and delete all Adobe cookies, Then I will restart my browser, go to adobe.com and log in with my first identity (Claudio González). I will then restart my browser and log in as Claudio González in these forums. I will report what happens when it happens.

Extra linefeed kindly provided by the software (Firefox/Mac).

Addition: This is what happened when I tried to perform my experiment. I did log in as Claudio González in the store, restarted Safari and came to these forums, where I got this:

CapturaX.JPG

This seems to show that I am logged in the forums (without logging in them) but not in the Store (where I did log in)!

Message was edited by: Claudio González. Reason: addition.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2009 0
Dec 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just repeated the above procedure (log out etc

, log in adobe.com, coming into the forums) in Exp

lorer/Vista, and th

is is what I got on entering the forums (without logging in them

😞

CapturaY.JPG

Extra linefeeds kindly provided by the software (Explorer/Vista).

Addition: I restarted Explorer and came back to the forums, and I found that the upper Welcome is gone.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2009 0
Dec 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

I did receive, and followed, the instructions to change my password in Account 2 (email address ID). Only that I have no interest whatsoever in using or keeping that account.

Your interest in the second account could be to go in and change the email address on it. I don't know if it would help. But it seems like it might. Then your two accounts would have different addresses and that might help avoid whatever is happening. Then again, it might not.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2009 0
Dec 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just got into the forums in my Mac/Firefox, and I found that my identity had been changed after only about 12 hours since my last log in there. This doesn't fit in the previous pattern of about 24 hours.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2009 0
Dec 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forum servers were restarted this afternoon. That might be why things changed "out of schedule."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2009 0
Dec 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

Forum servers were restarted this afternoon. That might be why things changed "out of schedule."

Let's hope so. And thanks for letting me know.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2009 0
Dec 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report as of this date and time.

Late on Friday night, I switched off my Vista laptop (still logged in the forums and within the 24 hours period, both in Safari and Explorer) and did the following in my Mac. First, I removed all Adobe associated cookies in Firefox, and restarted the browser. I then went to the adobe.com site, and logged in my second account without checking the Remember Me option. Once logged, I changed my email address, screen name, and password so that there was nothing common with my first account. Finally, I signed out, and logged in my first account checking the Remember Me option, came in the forums, found that I was already logged as Claudio González, and switched off my computer.

On switching on both machines on Saturday, I was still logged in all three browsers. At the end of my 24 hours, I was simply logged out on both browsers in my laptop, with no automatic re-login, and I didn't come back into the forums before switching off. I was still logged in Firefox/Mac when I switched off.

This morning, I had also been simply logged out in Firefox, with no automatic re-login. I logged in the adobe,com site, checking the Remember Me button, opened the forums, and saw that I was already correctly logged in them. I did the same in Safari/Vista and Explorer/Vista, but in these I was not automatically logged in the forums after logging in adobe.com. I was however automatically logged in when I clicked on the Login button.

So, things have improved a lot. I only wish I could now find a way to stay logged in.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2009 0
Mentor ,
Dec 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out in trying out

Safari that Safari for some reason is deep sixing cookies even if you

tick remember me. I've l

oged in, checked to see what cookies are there. then switched to another webpage and back  was still signed in.

Then quit Safari and opened again , looked at cookies and cookies are empty.

I am going over to apple forums and ask about this.

added info.  Wenet to Apple >support > Communities > logged in went to Safari.

Third question down today. Cookies Disppearing.  Support answer look for cookies.plst (I am sure is different for PC Version)  throw in Trash and empty. Open Safari log in to site.

I did as said. signed into Adobe Forums ticked remember me signed in.  Quit Safari reopen went back to adobe forums. I was signed in.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2009 0
Dec 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, Phillip. However, I have just experienced an unexpected variation of my problem.

As reported above, I logged in a little over 12 hours ago, in all three combinations: Firefox/Mac, Safari/Vista and Explorer/Vista (in that order). Well, I have just entered the forums in all thee, one after another, and found that I had been logged out in Firefox/Mac and Explorer/Vista, but not in Safari/Vista. Even more curious: in my Mac I appear as logged in the Store but not in the forums!!!:

Out.jpg

When I was placing the above image, I though "well, as I am still logged in the Store, if I click on the Login/Register button, i will be automatically logged in the forums". Wrong. When I clicked on the button, I was greeted by this window:

Log.jpg

(where, as usual, the Adobe ID box contained my email address, not my Adobe ID).

This seems to be getting more complicated all the time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2009 0
Dec 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now this is getting really weird. Went back to my Mac, came into the forums, saw that I was still logged out, got out, restarted Firefox, came back into the forums, and this time I was logged in!!!

Then I came back to my laptop, started Explorer, came into the forums, found that I wasn't logged in, clicked on the login/Register button, and was logged automatically!!!

Go figure. But if logging in is going to be this easy, I will easily survive been repeatedly logged out.

Addition: I have closed Explorer three times, finding every time on opening it that I am not logged in the forums, but have been logged in automatically on clicking the Login button. I hope this will be the same tomorrow after my 24 hours are over.

Message was edited by: Claudio González. Reason: addition.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2009 0
Mentor ,
Dec 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still logged in Safari as of this time. Getting rid of th cookies.plist seems to have cured  the automatic Log out. I'll have to report back tommorow to let you know it it last 24 hours.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2009 0
Dec 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, Safari/Vista is the only browser in which I have remained logged... Thanks for your help anyway.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2009 0
Mentor ,
Dec 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you also have a Mac (I was under the impression you had both) if so does Safari Mac also stay logged in. Can't help with IE. And on FF (Mac) I also had to dump all cookies associated with Adobe.com and Forums Adobe.com before it would stick more than 3-6 hours. Curious though in FF the AUID is created. In SM its named AWID.

I wonder if IE has a similar problem where there is a corrupted cookies preference file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2009 0
Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started my two computers after the 24 hours from the last manual login expired. I found that I had been completely logged out of the forums in all three browsers: Firefox/Mac, Safari/Vista and Explorer/Vista. No automatic login of any kind. Just in case, I deleted all Adobe related cookies in the three browsers, restarted each browser and logged in checking the Remember Me button. All this was done separately in each browser; that is, I was never in the forums in more than one browser at the same time.

I'll report any change.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2009 0
Mentor ,
Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

I can only report as of this time 7:45AM EST I am still logged into FF (Mac) and Still logged into Safari (Mac). As well SM (Mac).

On FF 3.5.5 (Mac) you should see:

Firefoxpicture001.png

Firefoxpicture003.png

to get to indiviual Cookies click the item highlighted (its actually a scary sounding to a newbie way of saying cookie manager)

and the following cookies Note only names and where the apply to are shown Some items have been Blacked out to prevent possiblity locating my particular account

Firefoxpicture002a.png

It appears that FF Mac Uses TCID & UID instead of AUID or AWID

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2009 0
Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the Adobe ID field filled in in your browser is not a function of the adobe.com sign in page (which is used by the Forums, the forums do not have their own sign in page). That is something set in your browser. At some point your browser must have asked if you wanted it to remember your name for this location.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2009 0
Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To let you know that you are not totally alone, I am also sometimes coming in and seeing the Sign In/Register links instead of my name in the forums, but clicking on the link logs me right in without showing me the sign in page. But I have also seen the Sign In/Register and then been asked to sign in. So, still trying to work out what the real expected behavior should be.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2009 0
Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

Having the Adobe ID field filled in in your browser is not a function of the adobe.com sign in page (which is used by the Forums, the forums do not have their own sign in page). That is something set in your browser. At some point your browser must have asked if you wanted it to remember your name for this location.

Yes, I am aware of that, and I have always checked the Remember Me button when logging in with my normal identity, so I find it perfectly normal to be remembered by pre filling my Adobe ID box. What I was pointing is that I am always prompted with my email address, which is not my Adobe ID.

Any idea of why I may have appeared as logged in the Store (Welcome Claudio González on the top row, both in the page and in the login window)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2009 0
Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

To let you know that you are not totally alone, I am also sometimes coming in and seeing the Sign In/Register links instead of my name in the forums, but clicking on the link logs me right in without showing me the sign in page. But I have also seen the Sign In/Register and then been asked to sign in. So, still trying to work out what the real expected behavior should be.

Thank you John for still caring to follow this lowest priority case, apparently affecting only this one individual. Although you have not found the solution to my problem, you have contributed many valuable suggestions which have helped in making the situation much more easy to bear. At least, I am no longer automatically logged in my second account, something that started with the latest update. As I had to log in every 24 hours since the big change at the beginning of the year, this is something I can live with.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2009 0
Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Yes, I am aware of that, and I have always checked the Remember Me button when logging in with my normal identity, so I find it perfectly normal to be remembered by pre filling my Adobe ID box. What I was pointing is that I am always prompted with my email address, which is not my Adobe ID.

Any idea of why I may have appeared as logged in the Store (Welcome Claudio González on the top row, both in the page and in the login window)?

The Remember Me button on the sign in page does not prefill the field, it just lets you bypass the sign in page if the proper cookies are in place. That's where the confusion is. Something in your browser, not at Adobe is filling in your email address in that field.

As for the store login, click on the Your Account link to find out if you are really logged in or if that is some artifact from your last session. If you are really logged in you will be taken to the account info pages. If you are not really logged in you will get a log in screen.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2009 0
Contributor ,
Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

Something in your browser, not at Adobe is filling in your email address in that field.

Might it also be possible that the OS is keeping passwords rather then just the browser?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2009 0
Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that passwords come into play here. Only his ID/Name/Email is being automatically populated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2009 0
Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

The Remember Me button on the sign in page does not prefill the field, it just lets you bypass the sign in page if the proper cookies are in place. That's where the confusion is. Something in your browser, not at Adobe is filling in your email address in that field.

In all three browsers, and in two different computers with completely different OPs? I think that would be a somewhat unlikely coincidence, although it can be.

As for the store login, click on the Your Account link to find out if you are really logged in or if that is some artifact from your last session. If you are really logged in you will be taken to the account info pages. If you are not really logged in you will get a log in screen.

No, I wasn't really logged in. The second screenshot shows I was taken to the login page, but with the Welcome Claudio González on the top row. It is this bit that I found strange. Anyway, those were most probably artifacts, and I wouldn't give much thought to them, unless they repeat themselves, in which case I will report again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2009 0
Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Phillip for your continued efforts to help in this issue. I am afraid however that all this acronyms talk is going a little above my head.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2009 0
Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dorothy, long time no see. No, JC is right: only my Adobe ID is been populated.

And I see that you are still writing "then" instead of "than"...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2009 0
Contributor ,
Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

I don't think that passwords come into play here. Only his ID/Name/Email is being automatically populated.

Sorry... I'm being too specific and not specific enough. I should have said that, for me, in addition to browsers, XP maintains some login information, tho I'm not certain exactly which retains what. I've been wondering whether something like that might be a factor in this case.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2009 0
Contributor ,
Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

And I see that you are still writing "then" instead of "than"...

Frankly, my dear...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2009 0
Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DorothyK@Adobe wrote:

Sorry... I'm being too specific and not specific enough. I should have said that, for me, in addition to browsers, XP maintains some login information, tho I'm not certain exactly which retains what. I've been wondering whether something like that might be a factor in this case.

If by XP you mean Windows XP, I'm using Vista in this computer, and Mac OS in the other. In any case, I have never asked any program to keep any login information. I prefer to enter it manually every time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote on 12/7/2009 10:28 PM:

The Remember Me button on the sign in page does not prefill the field,

The Remember Me checkbox causes adobe.com to set a RMID cookie that

expires in 30 years. The Adobe ID field is prefilled based on the RMID

cookie.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2009 0
Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DorothyK@Adobe wrote:

Frankly, my dear...

Sorry, but I don't know how to interpret your answer. If I offended you with my lighthearted joke, I apologize sincerely, because it was absolutely not my intention to be in the least offensive.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2009 0
Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been logged out in Explorer/Vista after some 13 since logging in and an undetermined period of inactivity. Still logged in Safari/Vista and Firefox/Mac.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2009 0
Dec 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nearly 25 hours since my last login, and I am still logged in Safari/Vista and Firefox/Mac. An unexpected and most welcome record, and I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I will now log back in Explorer/Vista, paying special attention to all the precautions. I didn't do it last night because I only continue trying for testing purposes and for completeness -this might help somebody else. I am not particularly interested in using Explorer for these forums because there are too many additional bugs affecting only this particular browser.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2009 0
Dec 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now logged o

ut in Safari/Vista, but still going in Firefox/Mac (27 hours

).

Extra linefeeds kindly provided by the software.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2009 0
Dec 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had forgotten to check. Now that I am logged out in Safari, the AUID cookie is gone, but the RMID one is still there, and due to expire in 2039!:

Captura.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2009 0
Dec 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

30 hours and still going in Firefox/Mac...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2009 0
Dec 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was finally logged out of Firefox/Mac about one hour ago, 31 hours after my last login.

How come I am logged out of the three browsers I'm using if I have in all of them the appropriate cookies expiring the year 2039?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2009 0
Dec 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another strange thing going on in here. According to the list of topics, the last message posted in this thread at the time of writing this one (about 9:50 pm local time) was my previous one, posted 9 hours ago

recorte0.JPG

However, my previous message was posted at 3:42 pm local time, a little over 5 hours ago...

recorte.JPG

Translate