• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Redirect loop on Adobe Forums

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody else had to deal with the redirect loop on the Adobe forums? Neither my phone, nor my work computer would let me get on the forums when I first signed up. I had to go onto Adobe's website (not the forums), sign in, then change my username. I found that on a separate photoshop forum. Once I changed my username, it loaded perfectly fine. Anyway, it sounds like it has been an issue for a while. Has Adobe indicated any plans on fixing that or addressing the issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

This is the link where you could post your queries.

https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

Click on the specific product and you would get a field to type in the question.

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like you may have misunderstood the issue. When I signed up for the forums and tried to go to the website you posted, the browser timed out after it encountered a redirect loop. I tried to get to the page on my phone and the same thing happened as soon as I signed in.

The workaround for me to get onto the forums, which clearly I have already done, was to go to www.adobe.com, sign in, then change my screen name. After that, I could get onto https://forums.adobe.com/welcome. I don't know what changing my screen name has to do with causing redirect loops, but I found that workaround on a different forum. Other people have posted about this elsewhere (because at the time they could not get onto this forum) at least here, here, here, here, and here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this selfsame issue.  I can only get in with an alternate username, but with my primary work account, I can't access any of the forums from any browser - it just continually gives me a redirect loop, even after vaporizing cookies, trying from a totally fresh browser inside a VM, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Question moved to the Forum comments forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try using a new private window to log in to the forum... that should work around the issue.

Screenshot (1130).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It didn't, unfortunately.  Private windows in Firefox/Edge/Chrome did not work around the issue and had the same behavior.  Clearing cookies had the same behavior.  The only thing that ended up solving it was changing my user's screen name to something else.  Changing it back to the previous screen name (which I'd used for some time on Adobe forums) again put it into a redirect loop. 

It's a bug, but at least it does have a workaround:  Change your screen name. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines