Highlighted

Remember Me?

LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read this by a MOD in another thread...

"When you log in to the forums (either manually or automatically based on a "Remember me" cookie)"

How the hell do we get that "Remember Me" cookie to work?!  Not once since the Jive switch have I been automatically logged in, despite checking that box nearly every single time.  If I close my browser, I HAVE to manually log in again, every time.  That SUCKS!

I want my auto logins back!  Like everyone had in the old forums.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Remember Me?

LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read this by a MOD in another thread...

"When you log in to the forums (either manually or automatically based on a "Remember me" cookie)"

How the hell do we get that "Remember Me" cookie to work?!  Not once since the Jive switch have I been automatically logged in, despite checking that box nearly every single time.  If I close my browser, I HAVE to manually log in again, every time.  That SUCKS!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 25, 2009 0
Enthusiast ,
Nov 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JSS1138 wrote:

Try it again... seems to be working for some (most). Alternatively, delete all cookies and log in again. Judging by posts, your mileage may vary

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Nov 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log out of the forums per the instructions in the FAQ: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/525685?tstart=0

Log back in with the "Remember me" option selected.

Go to http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments/testing and check what it says in the debugging information at the bottom. If both RMID and AUID are true, you should be able to close your browser and still be logged in when you reopen it. At that time AUID should be false, but RMID true.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Nov 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction: AUID should still be true after the restart, but should switch to false 24 hours after the login. Either way, you should be logged in automatically as long as either AUID or RMID is true.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I did both sign outs.  I closed my browser.  I removed all current cookies.  I logged into the forums checking the Remember Me box.  I now have both cookies mentioned.  I will close my browser, and see what happens.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No good.  Had to log in again.

This is what I'm saying.  The Remember Me function has NEVER worked since the Jive switch.  Not once, ever.

And that SUCKS!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2009 0
Mentor ,
Nov 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

Correction: AUID should still be true after the restart, but should switch to false 24 hours after the login. Either way, you should be logged in automatically as long as either AUID or RMID is true.

I have cookies one named AWID and the RMID but not AUID does this only show up at point you log in? (Note I am using SeaMonkey on a Mac.) (Please I am asking Jockem a serious question no snide remarks from others the browser portion is identical to FireFox 3.5.5 )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2009 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know why. but it never remembers my account. Even after adding an specific extension to firefox to do that.

It just happers on adobe website.

Bye

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Nov 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Immediately after you login, what is th expiry date of the RMID and AUID cookie in your browser? Both cookies are from the adobe.com domain, not the forums.adobe.com domain.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

Immediately after you login, what is th expiry date of the RMID and AUID cookie in your browser? Both cookies are from the adobe.com domain, not the forums.adobe.com domain.

In that case are they really third party cookies as indicated by Wrigley's post?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Nov 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure where Wrigley would be indicating they are third party cookies, but the best name for them is domain cookies.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is th expiry date of the RMID and AUID cookie

THAT may be the key.  All of my adobe.com cookies are Session cookies, except for the s_vi cookie.  Only that has a future expiration date.

So why the hell am I getting Session cookies?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed.

After closing my browser, the only adobe.com cookie left is the s_vi cookie.  All others are deleted.

Is this a bug?  Am I doing something wrong?  (Though I can't imagine what.  The s_vi cookie clearly shows I can accept permanent cookies.  Adobe just isn't giving me one where it counts.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Nov 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote on 11/26/2009 4:34 PM:

THAT may be the key. All of my adobe.com cookies are Session cookies, except for the s_vi cookie. Only that has a future expiration date.

Which browser are you using? If you are using Firefox, try the

LiveHTTPHeaders plugin. Install it, browse to the forums, click login,

wait until the login screen has loaded, start the plugin, submit your

username and password. Then near the top of everything that appears in

the plugin (line 20 or so) should be a bunch of lines that start with

the text "Set-Cookie". I would like to know what these lines say.

WARNING: make sure you remove your password and the actual values of the

cookies. The values are not so relevant, but they allow others to

impersonate you. What is interesting is the keypair "domain" and the

keypair "expires" that should be somewhere on those lines as well.

When in doubt, don't publish the results here but PM them to me.

If you are familiar with packetsniffers I would prefer a dump from

Wireshark or tcpdump to rule out your browser completely, but that is a

bit more complicated to set up.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set-Cookie: AUID=(...);domain=.adobe.com;expires=Fri, 27-Nov-2009 17:31:55 GMT;path=/

Set-Cookie: RMID=(...);domain=.adobe.com;expires=Sat, 19-Nov-2039 17:31:55 GMT;path=/

So here's a question.  If the cookie's are being sent with future expiration, why the hell is Firefox tagging them as Session cookies and deleting them?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More data.

I am running Firefox 3.7a1pre (Minefield) on my personal computer, which is where I normally post from.  No matter what I tried, I could not get the two relevant cookies to show up with their expiration dates intact.  Other cookies do, both from Adobe and other web sites.  Just not the RMID or AUID cookies.

I tested this on two other machines I have available, one running Firefox 3.6b4 and one running 3.5.5.  Both of them did have the correct cookie expiration dates, and in fact had me logged in automatically even after a browser close.  (I did have to reset my Forum Profile, but that is another matter.)  That's never happened before.  I like it.

But here's the question.  Before I attribute this behavior to the very, very early development nature of Minefield, I would ask how long have these cookies been set like this?  Minefield has only been installed for a few days, less than a week.  And as previously stated, I have NEVER been automatically logged into the forums after a browser close.  That applies to the 3.6 beta I was running previously, it applies to several versions of Firefox 3.5, it applies all the way back to whatever version of Firefox was available at the time of the Jive switchover.

Only since Jive have I not been able to get auto logged in - ever - on my main computer, regardless of Firefox version.

Now, if these cookies are a new development, which seems possible as I recall MANY people complaining about losing the auto login after the Jive switch, then I can believe the issue might well be with using the 3.7a1pre version of Firefox.  But if these cookies have been here a while, then I am stuck with the same question.

Why the hell is Firefox changing my normal cookies to Session cookies?!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Nov 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.cookie.maxNumber

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Nov 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JSS1138 wrote:

But here's the question.  Before I attribute this behavior to the very, very early development nature of Minefield, I would ask how long have these cookies been set like this?

Months.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonderful.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2009 0
Advisor ,
Nov 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is the result of all this; if you run the production ver of FF it works correctly?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  If those cookies have been around for months, the FF version is not the issue.  Something else specific to this one machine is somehow causing FF to alter persistent cookies into session cookies.  But not all of them.  As mentioned, the s_vi cookie persists with the proper expiration date.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2009 0
Advisor ,
Nov 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The persistent login has only been "enabled" since adobe upgraded the jive sw a couple weeks ago.  Before that, there was no persistent login past a few hours.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Nov 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt Wrigley wrote on 11/27/2009 8:39 AM:

The persistent login has only been "enabled" since adobe upgraded the jive sw a couple weeks ago. Before that, there was no persistent login past a few hours.

The cookies have been working this way for months. The forums just

didn't properly read and interpret them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2009 0
Mentor ,
Nov 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use SeaMonkey 2.0.1 which the Browser portion uses the same identical Gecko engine (1.9.1) as FireFox 3.5.5; I still had a problem with being logged out on this forum and being logged out in the middle of typing until I logged out of Adobe.com then adobe.forums then going to cookie Manager and removing any and all cookies associated with Adobe.com and forums.adobe. Thne I made sure that "Use Default Cookie Permissions" was checked. After that I haven't been logged once.

Furthermore; just as an experiment I cranked up a Browser called iCab. I had never once been to Adobe forums using this browser. Surprise, surprise. When I clicked on link to adobe forums through adobe.com I was actually logged in.

I have the problem with my adobe forums preferences  bouncing back to my username instead of my name. But that is a known adobeforums bug.

So evidently, at least for FF/SM (gecko based) browsers, the Old cookies from Adobe prior to change over arer defective.

I'll have to go into FF and before going to forums dump all the cookies as with SM and try.

Add info:

Just went to FireFox and dumped all cookies for adobe. (only 4) went to Forums, had to sign in. signed in Looked abou 17 Cookies were propagated. In FF there was a AUID cookie. In SM  there are about the same amount but no AUID. There is a AWID. on FF the AUID is a Session cookie Associated with the Yourstuff > Profile> Adobe Forums> Preferences is persist only for session and only shows up after you set your preference. On SeaMonkey evidently the AWID cookie does the same thing but is has a date of expiration of 2019. Its possible this cookie is the reason for User  infomation not being saved.  Maybe its corrupt.

Message was edited by: Phillip Jones

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on FF the AUID is a Session cookie

Huh.  So it's not just me, then.  Is this FF 3.5.5 you're using?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Chrome 4.0.249.11 seems to handle the cookies correctly.  Expiration dates are correct, and if I close the browser, I am still logged in when I come back.

What is up with Firefox (the absolute best browser on the planet and the one that every single web site NEEDS to work correctly for) not handling these cookies correctly?

Or could this possibly be on the Jive end of things?  Are things not done 100% correctly, which results in the Standards Compliant Firefox having issues?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2009 0
Advisor ,
Nov 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The production ver of FF (at least on PC) works correctly.  It does for me anyway.   The only time I have to login is if I purposely / manually delete my cookies.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2009 0
Mentor ,
Nov 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes FireFox is 3.5.5 (though on Mac). The equivalent on SeaMonkey AWID now it shows as persistent not a session cookie.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2009 0
Mentor ,
Nov 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The AWID /AUID cookies has to do with what you set when adobe forums preference as to whether you show User name or Name.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2009 0
Advisor ,
Nov 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me in firefox and chrome.  Haven't had to login for a few days.

Youve probably checked this; but just in case you havent:  In Firefox for example; under options/privacy its possible you are set to not remember cookies.  Make sure that is not the case.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cookies are definitely enabled.  Have always been.  You can't get into the forums if they're not.

Still doesn't work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2009 0
Advisor ,
Nov 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not just enabled - Set to be remembered (which is the default). FF can be set to accept cookies, but set to release them when the browser is closed.  Make sure it is set to rememebr cookies until expired.   Since this is the default; its likely you are setup correctly, but its worth checking since the alternative would be something peculiar with your account.

cookies.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2009 0