• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reply Not Available with Firefox

Explorer ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Reply button on forum postings is not available for me when using Firefox. At first, I thought it was AdBlock Plus. But, even with AdBlock Plus disabled, reloaded forum pages had no Reply button.

Thanks,

Drew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of people use Firefox, me included, and do not see this problem.  Or at least no

one has reported it.

You will not see a reply button if you are not logged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DrewF wrote on 5/4/2010 4:34 PM:

The Reply button on forum postings is not available for me when using Firefox.

WFM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you reply back with a screenshot showing the problem?  (sorry, couldn't resist)

It's probably not this, but perhaps you're looking for a big REPLY button (like in the first post) in the later posts, and missing the little (inconsistent UI feature) "reply" text link at the bottom right of messages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use SeaMonkey and FireFox both and don't have the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drew,

Is the Reply box missing on all threads?

Are you certain that you are logged-in?

I do not use FireFox, so cannot test what you are seeing, and am only thinking here.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2010 May 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying for the last 40 minutes to post a question... Frustration had almost driven me from the forums, when I read this thread and realised what was wrong.

I was sure I had logged in to the support site, and the top of the screen said "Welcome, Keith"... so I believed I was still logged in.

But I could not see any "Reply" button...

It seems that despite being logged in once to the Support site, I needed to log in a second time to the Forums. As you can see, I can now reply and post.

K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to test your forums-signed-in/out theory... I can't see where to sign out!

I can say, that I am signed in and I do see the reply buttons.

Thanks,

Drew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click on adobe Forums just below you name and Avatar just above the subject of this post. and on right side you'll see logout.

Then at very to of screen click your account nest to your name. there is a Log out there as well. Log out at both places.  move away from Adobe. Then go to manage cookies in preferences.

find any cookie associated with adobe or adobe forums. delete them. Quit FireFox.

wait a minute . Reopen FireFox. go to adobeforums.com and Login have Firefox remeber your username and passowrd and click remeber me as well in the login screen. once logged in everything should be corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad that it helped.

There have been continuing instances of many being logged-out, and not knowing it. Should I see that Reply disappears, I think of that possibility first. Now, getting logged-out is fodder for other threads, and has been hashed and re-hashed quite a bit.

When I do not see the new posts in bold, and the "(Updated)" notation, I know that I am not logged-in, or have just been logged out. At about that time, I often find that I have morphed into my alter-ego, who only has a few hundred posts, and hasn't read ANYTHING - almost every thread is new to him, but for some odd reason, Adobe likes him better, than me.

Good luck, and again - glad to have helped.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines