• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reply vs Post in comments

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone please explain what the difference is between Reply and Post in comments?   I know how to comment but I am not sure what these 2 do. Does the sender immediately get my comment when I make one?

[Question moved from the Reader forum to Forum comments. -Mod.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sender may not necessarily get your comments immediately. They may simply show up in their inbox and wait for them to login. It depends on what they set up in preferences for the forum.

925D47B9-984F-4279-8975-3F5576F150D0.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not follow the fora via e-mail, because I do not want my mailbox flooded by all the forum comments for the fora I follow. If you are an iccasional user, however, you can set you preference to e-mail, so you catch answers to your questions without having to log-in. You will also get mails for fora entries where you commented.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo  wrote

I do not follow the fora via e-mail,

I finally looked up fora and found that it is indeed plural for forum, @Abambo.  Thank you for the Latin lesson!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e

You’re welcome.

May be you know either data - datum.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo

I learned the data / datum more than a couple of years ago in high school math, so I probably should’ve figured out the fora sooner, but didn’t!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Iloveclouds  wrote

Could someone please explain what the difference is between Reply and Post in comments?   I know how to comment but I am not sure what these 2 do. Does the sender immediately get my comment when I make one?

[Question moved from the Reader forum to Forum comments . -Mod.]

I just realized that this question had been moved from the reader forum to the forum comments forum by a moderator and we are both answering it as if it’s for forum comments. I don’t think it should’ve been moved, but I want to check with you before moving it to acrobat comments and moving it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines