• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Report Bugs

Guru ,
Jun 14, 2011 Jun 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so... Report Bugs for Photoshop has now been migrated to Photoshop.com? All they have is a "problem" comment box. Is that the only place to log a bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2011 Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Claudio,

Yes I know how to get to the Forum Bug Report page. But when you choose Photoshop as the product of concern, no bug report appears. Instead there is a link to Photoshop.com Feedback. And the Photoshop Feature Request page is archived too.

So... maybe I'm answering my own question here, but it looks like ALL Photoshop problem reports and feature requests now have to go through Photoshop.com feedback... which has a very... Facebookish(?) feel and design.

Edit:

from Jeffery Tranberry at Photoshop.com -

"1.We've removed the form on Adobe.com for submitting Feature Requests and Bug Reports and are now directing users to this site"

Now I know. I really hope the PS forums stay here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

charles badland wrote:

HI Claudio,

Yes I know how to get to the Forum Bug Report page. But when you choose Photoshop as the product of concern, no bug report appears. Instead there is a link to Photoshop.com Feedback. And the Photoshop Feature Request page is archived too.

So... maybe I'm answering my own question here, but it looks like ALL Photoshop problem reports and feature requests now have to go through Photoshop.com feedback... which has a very... Facebookish(?) feel and design.

Edit:

from Jeffery Tranberry at Photoshop.com -

"1.We've removed the form on Adobe.com for submitting Feature Requests and Bug Reports and are now directing users to this site"

Now I know. I really hope the PS forums stay here.

actually Claudio was directing you to the Main Adobe bug reporting site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know.

I was just confused as to why you can't file a Photoshop bug report there any more.  But now I realize you have to file both Photoshop Feature Requests and Bug Reports through the Photoshop.com Feedback section:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

Just to help clarify what this thread's about, note what you see now when you go there:

PhotoshopBugWishChange.jpg

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Point taken buts the link Cluadio  sent was to Thae Main Bug reporting  link fo any Adobe product or to post your wishes for new features or improved features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the http://adobe.com/go/wish form to report bugs should not be regarded as desirable.

There is a lot of...rumor...around here that it is effective, but I do not think it is born out by facts.

Adobe prioritizes bugs and the bugs that they hear in actual customer support cases are much more likely to be fixed.

If you really care about a bug, open a support case with Adobe (http://adobe.com/go/supportportal) and make sure you get a bug number for it.

That hardly guarantees that your bug will be fixed, but it increases the chances that it will be fixed in a timely fashion, and more importantly it gives you tracking information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Hawkinson wrote:

Using the http://adobe.com/go/wish form to report bugs should not be regarded as desirable.

There is a lot of...rumor...around here that it is effective, but I do not think it is born out by facts.

Well, I can offer a tiny bit of experience re: a bug I reported that way...

Specifically, I reported that a Photoshop action to create a new image pre-sized to the image in the clipboard would hard-crash Photoshop if the image is in fact all grayscale.  Something goes wrong with the color engine and the same sequence of operations that works interactively becomes deadly.

Sure enough, in the next point release (12.0.2 or thereabouts) it no longer actually crashes.  It just becomes unusable thereafter, because updates to the display become delayed by one event from the operations you perform.

So the bug was addressed right away, but not actually fixed per se.  I haven't checked to see if it's still (half) broken in 12.1 as well.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can say with authority that Adobe does take both the Bug Reports and the Feature Requests very seriously.

As Noel states, a "fix" might not make it into the next update, but that does not mean that the engineers are not working on it. Some things that seem so simple to a user, like myself, require a lot more work "under the hood." Also, great care MUST be taken, so that a fix here, does not break something elsewhere. Same for Feature Requests.

We begged for the ability to keep working in PrPro, while we were Exporting. Adobe moved all Export functions to AME (Adobe Media Encoder), which was now a stand-alone (or could be launched from within PrPro, but was still a stand-alone) with PrPro CS3. Uh-oh, one of the Export options moved to AME was Export Still. Now, rather than click on just one button, as before, the user needed about 7 clicks for this simple task. It took two updates for AME to get that one sorted out. Adobe gave us what we asked for, but there were some "unintended consequences," that had to be addressed later. They try to NOT let that happen, so a lot of testing for one new feature, or bug fix, might take longer than anticipated.

Still, Adobe does log each Bug Report and each Feature Request, and then they try to allocate manpower on a priority basis - and not break something else in the process. This is why we forum users strongly suggest filling in the forms.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

I can say with authority that Adobe does take both the Bug Reports and the Feature Requests very seriously.

As Noel states, a "fix" might not make it into the next update, but that does not mean that the engineers are not working on it. Some things that seem so simple to a user, like myself, require a lot more work "under the hood." Also, great care MUST be taken, so that a fix here, does not break something elsewhere. Same for Feature Requests.

-------------------snip-------------------

Hunt

That not always true. I been putting in a Request every year since OSX came out and usuable, to fix the abobe PDF Plugin to allow pdfs to be opened in Mozilla Products (SeaMonkey, FireFox) not just Safari. That's been since OSX.2.3. I have yet to see it. I don't use Safari, I don't like Safari. I only use it to test my website when I make changes. I prefer SeaMonkey and FireFox. When OS9 and lower were in use the plugi worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Philip is definately correct that you have to be careful drawing conclusions.

We know that these things are not ignored, but exactly what happens and how it works varies from product to product (they are read by member(s) of the product management team for the products; for InDesign, e.g., it's Chris Kitchener, according to InDesign Secrets podcast #151's interview with Douglas Waterfall). Some product teams may have more resources than others, or use this feature differently. I've heard it said that some other teams envy the Photoshop team's external engagement, for instance.

But just because a bug you reported is fixed doesn't mean your bug report was necessarily heeded -- it may have been independently reported or it may have been fixed for other reasons.

I think Noel's conclusion is probably incorrect. That the buggy behavior changed from a crash to being unusable is most likely an unrelated side effect of some other change. No self-respecting developer would intentionally "address" a bug by changing it from a crash to unusability; though I suppose they might have been aware that it was a side effect of some other change and lacked the resources (time, etc.) to apply a more proper fix.

Anyhow, I certainly don't want to discourage anyone from filling out the wishform. But I do think it is always better to log bug reports through Adobe Support and get a bug number. It is no worse than the wishform, that's for sure, and my impression is that it's likely quite a bit better.

The link in the Dreamweaver forum indeed goes to the wishform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, what I said was that the Bug Reports and Feature Requests were logged, and were noted by Adobe.

The fixes, or the implementations are another matter.

Resouces are finite, and development can take time in R & D. Just because one has reported something does not mean that it wil be instantly implemented, however much we might wish for it to be. Coding takes time. Priorites must be established. Number of reports must be taken into account.

That your Bug is not fixed on the next update, or that your Feature Request is not added, is all about the numbers, and the time and resources required. It does NOT mean that Adobe is not listening, and is not trying. That was my point, and one that was obviously missed, as some have "sacred cows."

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Dreamweaver forum, recently I have seen this useful links message:

new_link_dw.png

I haven't tried any of these links but I can see one for "Report a bug, or request a feature"

I am not sure if other forums have similar window.

hth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 29, 2011 Jun 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tsk. the answer is that there ARE no bugs in photoshop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2011 Jul 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just features.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2011 Jul 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just features.

Some documented, but some not...

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2011 Jul 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...And the best kind are "heretofore undiscovered features".

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2011 Jul 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Undiscovered or undisclosed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry but after reading this thread and following all the mentioned links it is really not clear at all where a bug should be reported.

A frank answer would be appreciated

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome to the forum.

This link should provide you with the Feature Request/Bug Report form.

For various products, there is a drop-down.

Note: there are a few slight oddities, such as Premiere Elements being in the Photoshop "family," while Premiere Pro has its own listing in the drop-down.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines