• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Report spam or inappropriate posts here

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2009 Jan 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This topic is reserved to report spam and other inappropriate content requiring attention. Please, no unnecessary comment or response.

NOTE: Please click on the user name of the poster of such content and provide that link here.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 249 Replies 249
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2009 Apr 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This particular thread is for reporting spam or inappropriate posts (take a look at the title), and in the last 4 days there have been 35 new posts, none of which appear to me to meet that test, though a few are marginally related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the topics under discussion here is why we need this thread since we have a report abuse button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said Sir !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said Sir !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well said sir!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said Sir !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S.D.A. wrote:

Well said Sir !

I have the impresion that you have already said that ... several times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since my email replies in the Forum Comments branch are auto-posting again, should I reply to S.D.A in this thread? We will have an endless conversation. The auto-replies are typically about one per hour, but...

> Well said Sir !

>> Thank you. Kind of you to notice!

> Well said Sir !

> Well said Sir !

> Well said Sir !

But I have a feeling this thread doesn't have much longer to live. It seems the only way to stop these auto-posts is to lock the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think that is exactly what he is trying to do.

While I post comments, and most of the experts think that I am a bumpkin or worse. I don't stoop to the tactics this fellow is using.

I feel his full intent to such down the sytem subject by subject.

Their is a term on newsgroups that descibes his actions, its called a TROLL. In newsgroups or email you could use a kilfile or in case of Mozilla product create a Filter to dump that email address to  the junk folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, i've spoken to sda off line. he's provided a couple adobe/jive people with samples of his postings from his end so they can try to debug it. i might be paranoid, but this isn't a nefarious plot to bring down the forums one thread at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh come on dave. You just ruined Phillips whole speach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

Oh come on dave. You just ruined Phillips whole speech.

Not really if he has indeed been in touch with people to remedy the problem. Fine.

If it turns out that this is a smoke screen on his part, to get away with being a Troll; my speech stands.

I DON'T like TROLLS. One reason I try to avoid being one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

he's provided a couple adobe/jive people with samples of his postings from his end so they can try to debug it.

Yep. I've done the same since it happens to me, too. However, in my latest episode, I had also posted to a product forum - but only the Forum Comments:Testing posts went auto-post on me.

Has it been happening to S.D.A. in any of the product forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw it in PS win... but not recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark A. Boyd wrote:

Not that I'm aware of. Another thing is not all the e-mail posts that I submitted (during the brief trial period of mine) repeat ad nausem. <shrug>

So back to using RSS and the browser to post. Here's hoping they get the e-mail issues fixed and useable so the folks that liked NNTP can use it basically the same way. Wishful thinking ? Nah I have faith in Adobe & JIVE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S.D.A. wrote:

Mark A. Boyd wrote:

Not that I'm aware of. Another thing is not all the e-mail posts that I submitted (during the brief trial period of mine) repeat ad nausem. <shrug>

Same here.

BTW, which email client are you using? Only my Opera emails auto-posted, but none of my iPhone emails did - even when sending to the same thread on the same day. Although I have my iPhone on Wi-Fi, it is not using the same SMTP server for outgoing messages. Opera uses a RoadRunner SMTP server. Any similarities?

So back to using RSS and the browser to post. Here's hoping they get the e-mail issues fixed and useable so the folks that liked NNTP can use it basically the same way. Wishful thinking ? Nah I have faith in Adobe & JIVE.

Yep. I am running low on patience, though.

[Edit: I suppose we should take this off-list if we continue the conversation]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I suggest that one of you opens a new thread dealing specifically with this problem? There may be many others who are also experiencing it but wouldn't be likely to suspect there is a discussion about it in a thread with this title. A link to some of the first messages on it in here could be all that is needed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am going to lock this thread now because it has gotten pretty long and a lot of it refers to messages in the old systems. I will have a new one started.

Thanks!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2009 Apr 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the DW (general) forum there were a couple of 'Report Abuses' against a certain individual who was actually, in addition to a whole host of other abuses including personal attacks, actively seeking points. (The individual in concern was particularly anally retentive.) Anyway, to cut a long story short, the moderators ticked him off, deleted the offending parts of his post and, in some cases, locked the threads.

The individual has subsequently stopped posting. I doubt that he has been blocked. It's most likely that he's taken off in a high dudgeon. As i said earlier, he's extremely AR.

So, i can definitely vouch for a fact that the 'Report Abuse' function does work.

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jhabrix wrote:

It's most likely that he's taken off in a high dudgeon. As i said earlier, he's extremely AR.

Hah!  I misread that at first glance and thought to myself:  well, it's probably a good thing for someone to be A.R. if confined to a dungeon…

Then I realized it wasn't a dungeon at all.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

Hah!  I misread that at first glance and thought to myself:  well, it's probably a good thing for someone to be A.R. if confined to a dungeon…

Then I realized it wasn't a dungeon at all.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's most likely that he's taken off in a high dudgeon.

I love that word! you don't see it enough. if i can make some a-h$le take off anywhere - online or in meatspace - in a high dudgeon, it makes my day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also reported using the "Report Abuse" function.

Blatant spam:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1920510#1920510

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1920509#1920509

This post contain the link to a web site that has terribly bad advice, and which has been mercifully excised by insightful hosts in the past, whenever it has been posted in the Photoshop Macintosh forum.

It's wrong-headed advice that will cause unending grief by messing up the workflow of whoever follows it. 

Wish there were negative points for things like this.

Yes, I reported it through the Report Abuse button too, clarifying it's not abuse as such but it has detrimental effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blatant spam: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/424882?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines