Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reporting spam in private messages?

LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2010 Mar 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G'day

(I'm cross-posting this from here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2677169#2677169)

On forum messages, there's a button to report it as spam.  I cannot see any similar feature to report a private message as spam.  Anyone know how to bring spam private messages to Adobe's attention (other than posting to the "report spam" threads here, which seems a pretty primitive way of effecting the desired result)?

Cheers.

--

Adam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 22, 2010 Mar 22, 2010

A Cameron wrote on 3/22/2010 3:09 PM:

(I'm cross-posting this from here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2677169#2677169)

On forum messages, there's a button to report it as spam. I cannot see any similar feature to report a private message as spam.

There isn't any, reporting it in the spam report thread is the only way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Cameron wrote on 3/22/2010 3:09 PM:

On forum messages, there's a button to report it as spam. I cannot see any similar feature to report a private message as spam.

There isn't any, reporting it in the spam report thread is the only way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Not surprising, given this forum software, I guess.

Cheers.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about preventing PM spam - see this post http://forums.adobe.com/message/2674818?tstart=0#2674818

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the PM, that you received?

If so, you are not alone. The various Premiere fora got hit in a big way.

Guess that the 'bots can now harvest PM addresses.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2010 Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that was the one.

I mean... I'm not that bothered by getting the odd spam message, but the concept of spam in general should be actively attacked.

I guess if it's a one-off (and it's the first I've received) then there's little reason for Adobe to do something about it, but if it starts happening on a regular basis - like the spam messages to the forums that have been on the increase recently - then they need to take some measures to proof the forums and the personal message area from spam "attacks".

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2010 Mar 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my memory, this is only the second odd PM that I have received. Going back a couple of months, I had gotten another, that might have been such an effort, or maybe just someone trying to contact me on a form topic, and they were just not clear. I replied with a question, as to which forum they were referring to, and never got any response. There were no links, or anything else, so I will never know about that first one - test run?

Still, I'd like to see this sort of thing nipped in the bud. Just not sure what can be done about it. Might be a simple task, or maybe not. The harvesting of PM accounts and then probably accessing Adobe accounts via a 'bot, or similar, is not something that I would like to think about. If the spammers can do that, is it much more difficult to gather up users' S/N's, etc., from their product registration data? Some Web software guru will have to answer that.

Glad to hear that it was the same one, that many of us got, and not a different one. Thanks for confirming.

Good luck to us all,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines