Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

REQUEST: Adobe Update Server

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am an admin of 80 Workstation and I would like to request an Adobe Update Server like WSUS from Microsoft or SAP Installation Server. Adobe release a lot of Updates and sometimes they are critical such as for the Adobe Reader. So i must walk to all 80 Workstation and install the Update manually. Thats time intensive and the Workstation are not secure until i install the Update. To use the Update function of the Products is no opinion because when every workstation download only the Photoshop CS4 Update i have about 8 GB internet traffic.

Adobe develop a lot of wonderful Products and when they develop an Adobe Update Server all Admin in the World can update their Products promtly and all Products would be save. And nobody can use a security hole to get control over the workstation. The Admins can save a lot of time with such a Server. And time is Money

Dear Dusselritter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are in a forum for discussion of the other product forums.

Someone may know the answer to your question but I suggest you contact Adobe Customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that there is no Forum for such a request. I think i contact Adobe Customer Service, but i think they cant help me!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would look to your corporate sales rep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try the Creative Suite forums. I am pretty sure I made it into the CS4 Installer beta test by posting up on my attempts to get a CS3 automated install working in there...

But basically, I am with you in spirit. Adobe needs to deliver their updates packaged for delivery by the Workgroup Management software for each platform. On the Mac side it is Installer packages that Apple Remote Access can push to the client machines. I guess it would be WSUS-compatible packages on the Windows side?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This forum as noted by others is not the place for this discussion. HOWEVER,

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

is the place to make the request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines