Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

return request comment

Jun 21, 2009 Jun 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I simply erroneously purchased a DUPLICATE  copy of your software on your web site, and requested a refund for the duplicate copy.

Adobe cannot make returns in a good faith and timely fashion.  I have sent 5 copies of letters of software destruction with requests for a return via two web portals and fax, and have not received a single email or phone call confirming receipt of the letters, and every time I call adobe customer support i am advised to call back in a week to see if the return has been processed.  It has been 3 weeks, and my credit card bill is due.

At this point I am forced to request that my bank cancel my payment to adobe due to your inadequate return process.

Here are full details of my experience with Adobe Customer support:

I requested a refund of software when I mistakenly purchased a duplicate copy of your software.

1.  Requested refund at this URL:  https://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?store=OLS-US&event=displayOrderDetail&orderNum...

2.  I was never contacted via email or phone to confirm that the response had been received.
3.  A response with a request for further information from me was posted on a web page different from the one that  where I had requested the return (see #1, above)
4.  I called adobe customer support approximately 6/7 to inquire about the status of my return request.
5.  I was instructed to complete and fax or email a letter of software distruction.  No mention of the customer support portal.
6.  Faxed letter of letter of software destruction to 1800 955 1610 6/14/2008
7.  Sending fax machine confirmed successful transmission of the fax.
8.  Called adobe customer support, 800-833-6687 asking confirmation of letter received
9.  told fax was delivered to a separate dept. from customer service and receipt could not be confirmed
6.  I found a message waiting for me at a separate web page I didn't know existed, the customer support portal:  https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/support/index.cf
7. 6/18. Sent a message with an attached copy of the the same LOSD to the customer support portal (see 6, above)
8.  No confirmation of receipt of the letter was ever received, nor did the letter appear in the case notes
9.  6/21 corresponded with Jun Jun via Adobe's chat portal at sales.liveperson.net .  Was advised that letter had not been received and again that receipt of the letter could not be confirmed
11. 6/21: asked  how long it normally took to process return requests.  answer:  1 week.
12.  6/21, sent fourth and fifth copies of letters.  within minutes jun jun confirmed receipt of letter, said that matter had been escalated to a supervisor and asked me again to wait a week for processing of return.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marthay,

We feel your pain... but there's nothing we can do. This is a User-to-User forum. That means that Adobe (officially) does not look in here. You need to contact their customer/sales support.

Not much more i can say, except that i saw a thread somewhere and there was an allied problem. The poster had tried numerous hours on phone, email, et al. He finally got a response when he threatened to take Adobe to a 'consumer' court(?). Am not sure of the details and how it works but you could try that route.

Alternatively, call your Credit Card and refuse payment. (Might be too late for that but you can check.)

Cheers,

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey JJ,

Thanks for the empathy. Sorry to put stuff in the forums where it

doesn't belong :(. I'll go ahead and just remove it.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

M...

No problem... hope it works out... and anyway, check in here in case someone has a better solution...

Cheers,

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't remove your thread. You could post here though, plenty of kindred spirits - although I doubt it will help you.

screenshot_02.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Marthay,

Last year, I experienced something very similar:

Here's the story for you:

Last year, as some of you may remember, I had occasion to ask Adobe for my money back within the allowed 30-day period for a copy of Photoshop Elements I had bought in a moment of temporary insanity.  After countless, polite phone calls, faxes and emails to Adobe Customer Service, I was still getting the runaround from Adobe for weeks and weeks.

Then I lost my patience and fired off the first of two very angry emails, in the first one of which I limited myself to telling them "you are an impenetrable den of thieves!"

That one generated yet another runaround-copout type of email response from Adobe, so I finally wrote something to this effect: "OK, you thugs, you keep your göd-d@mned money, you apparently need it more than I do, perhaps to pay those poor people you shamelessly exploit in Pune, Mumbai, Calcutta or New Dheli!" 

Within 48 hours I had a call from a Customer Consultant for Adobe in Canada (I'm in California) who promptly arranged for me to get my refund.  Evidently the outsourcing of customer service to India is a very sore point PR point with some corporations, not just Adobe.

So, unfortunately, patience and politeness don't always work.  But straightforwardness did.

There are serious issues with Adobe Customer service these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report em to Better Business Bureau. If enough did Maybe they would  educate people how to pronounce and understand the English Language (American, British, and Australian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tew roight Mite!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that awta peez im awf!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I belive both of you could do with a vegimite sandwich from the land down-under.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines