• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Same license for Windows and Mac?

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just got Production Premium CS6 for Windows, but I'm about to buy a Mac. Will my license work for both? Do I need to uninstall it for Windows when I switch to Mac? Do I need to purchase a completely different license?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

ccccccory wrote:

Hi, I just got Production Premium CS6 for Windows, but I'm about to buy a Mac. Will my license work for both?

No.

The perpetually licensed Suites (which includes Production Premium) are platform specific: Windows only or Mac only.

The Creative Cloud is multi-platform. The same license works on Windows and/or Mac.

ccccccory wrote:

Do I need to uninstall it for Windows when I switch to Mac?

If you buy a new full Mac version (most expensive route) then no. You will then have a Windows onl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is to discuss the forums, not products

You need to ask your question in the forum for the Adobe product you are using

How to Select a Forum http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-1015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ccccccory wrote:

Hi, I just got Production Premium CS6 for Windows, but I'm about to buy a Mac. Will my license work for both?

No.

The perpetually licensed Suites (which includes Production Premium) are platform specific: Windows only or Mac only.

The Creative Cloud is multi-platform. The same license works on Windows and/or Mac.

ccccccory wrote:

Do I need to uninstall it for Windows when I switch to Mac?

If you buy a new full Mac version (most expensive route) then no. You will then have a Windows only license and a Mac only license.

If you choose to "crossgrade" (swap the Windows only license for a Mac only license) then your Windows version will no longer be licensed so you'd uninstall that.

ccccccory wrote:

Do I need to purchase a completely different license?

Yes if you want to switch your Windows only CS6 to a Mac only CS6 - known as a "crossgrade".

See http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/order-product-platform-language-swap.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines