• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen Name

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I typed a few screen names and it always gave me errors, so then I just typed in some gibberish and Adobe accepted it. Now my name is gibberish and I's like to change it. How can I do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Goto Your account at the very top of the page.   Edit your adobe id profile and change the screen name field to what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goto Your account at the very top of the page.   Edit your adobe id profile and change the screen name field to what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That actually worked and I finally managed both to autoamtically get logged out by going to My Sccount and to get logged in with the name I've always had before. Only hope the forums remember that til next time I have to log in...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that was a helpful tip. But – insofar as it matters – the system doesn't seem to realise that the _person_ associated with the new screen name I was forced to create ["this name is already taken" whimpers when I tried to access/edit my long-standing Adobe forums ID] is the same person who's been following the forums that interest me for years.

Sorting this probably requires human intervention from forum administrators. How can I humbly submit a request to them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to try to figure it out yourself, its likely you have more than one Adobe ID and the other ID is using your screen name.   One thing you can do is logout completly of you adobe Account.  Then there will be a helper link "forget your adone id?"    Enter any email addresses you may have used and it will email you any Adobe IDs you have.

If that is nto helpful; call customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines