• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search a particular forum?

Apr 05, 2009 Apr 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

when I am in a given forum, I need the ability to search that perticular forum; not the entire Adobe site and not all forums; just that particular one.  How can I do that?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 05, 2009 Apr 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Advanced Forum Search page.  An easy way to get to it to it fast is to leave the search box at the top of this page blank and hit ENTER. That will take you to the advanced options page.

Or you can bookmark it:  http://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa

Once there, click the tiny green arrow for More Options.  It's pretty straight forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

It is helpfull, but it does not do what I need.  If you empty the search box and hit enter, it performs a search for "search forums" anyway, even though the search box was empty.

If you follow the link:

http://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa

you are obviously no longer on the forum page that you want to search.

This question is still open and will hopefully get some attention from Adobe.

Searching a given forum is minimal fumctionality that should be in place, before the forums become usable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read my post again.  Follow the instructions.  [http://forums.adobe.com/thread/414764]

The "More Options" button let you choose the freaking forum, good grief!

Picture 1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And have you ever seen a more ridiculously sorted dropdown list? With over 450 items!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roy Reed wrote:

And have you ever seen a more ridiculously sorted dropdown list? With over 450 items!

The answer to that is simply that it hasn't been sorted at all. 

You're not saying that you actually counted 450 items, are you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, there's a sort of grouping, but I can't see any logic in the overall order.

And no, I didn't count them, I pasted the code into and editor and looked at the line numbering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roy,

We're not "defending" Adobe nor apologizing for anybody.  Someone asked a question and was given an answer.  If he or you don't like the answer, that's your problem, not mine.  A simple Thank You would have sufficed.  [http://forums.adobe.com/thread/414764].    Geeze…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we. . . g o o o o o

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

miamitom wrote:

Here we. . . g o o o o o

I doubt anyone cares whether or where you're going.

Your post is gratuitously, provokingly confrontational.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The drop down box solution isn't effective in this case.  It is almost better to put the forum name as a part of the search criteria, e.g. "Wacom Tablet Lightroom".  The default should be to search the forum you are in at the time, with the option to then search all..  this implementation is very user unfriendly.

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The search funtionality needs a lot of work. That is a known issue and on the to do list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The drop down box solution isn't effective in this case.  ... The default should be to search the forum you are in at the time, with the option to then search all..  this implementation is very user unfriendly.

Ditto.  I hope the priority for fixing this is set very high.   It took over 2 minutes for me to scroll the list of forums and search for "Search" in "Forum Comments" just to find this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

johnrellis wrote:

The drop down box solution isn't effective in this case.  ... The default should be to search the forum you are in at the time, with the option to then search all..  this implementation is very user unfriendly.

Ditto.  I hope the priority for fixing this is set very high.

Ditto. (Default should be current forum with subforums, checkbox option for all forums, and link option for advanced.)

Ditto to not user friendly and high priority.

I will also say that the small box and user unfriendly sort order for selecting forum in the "more options" search is what adds to the frustration of this poor initial implementation.  The visible box is small so it is hard to scroll quickly/scan it, and the organization is like the old adobe forums list - an odd assortment of alphabetizing by "Adobe Premiere" and "Encore" etc. (I don't really recall the examples.)

The alpha listing on the main forum page in the "Product, Player, and Reader" forums is a great improvement and what I'd like to see here - meaningful alpha and drop down with enough vertical size to scan quickly.  But that single list is only that area, and does not include this general forum, etc.

I wonder if separate forum/subforum selections is needed to make it easier to scan as well.  The main forum page selection is only forums (correctly so), but a search needs to go to the subforum level.  (And yes, that raises the sub-subforum level issue.)  But putting subforums in the same list with forums invites more complexity than many users are going to be comfortable with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines