• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search does not work

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2011 Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forum searching hasn't worked correctly for some time now. No results are returned if searching within specific forums.

For example, searching for the term "adobe" returns no results.

Searching the forums without specifying a specific forum area still works as long as you search from the main search box but returns results from all forums.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2011 Jun 15, 2011

Bill,

You may have a look at the sad story here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/862372?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill,

You may have a look at the sad story here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/862372?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoops, sorry, I should have seen that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill,

Whoops, sorry, I should have seen that.

Maybe I should have said that thew thread held more than a sad story: as you can see from its posts #11&12, I learned the way to use an advanced Google search and often get there, without an overwhelming number of irrelevant results. So now I, and more others, can actually perform a search in a specific forum.

As you may know, the general forumwide search with its overwhelming number of irrelevant results was supplemented by specific searches in some of the individual forums, much as in the days of the fair forums. The forum specific search was the first to go under.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I do expect it to be back in the forum software upgrade. (keeping fingers crossed that I didn't just jinx that)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us hope so, John.

Will the local search still/again be there for the forums where we enjoyed them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Jive 4.5.x lets you "search this location only" (and that means this location and below). Built in, so won't need to create special widgets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, John.

I shall look forward to that, above anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has never worked for most people and people have given up on this function (i have definitely given up on this).  Google is your best option for the time being but this too might come to an end if Adobe decided to block Google bots from storing messages.  We have to rely on "word of mouth" or links provided by other users.  Welcome to the 21st century Adobe style!

hth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines