• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search field(s) confuse me.

LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The search fields in this new forum are very confusing.

• I do not understand how to confine the search to a specific forum. 
    • For example I searched "Community Help" and got hits on Photoshop and other forums
  • I cannot "clear" a search field … the "x" does nothing.
    • And if I manually delete the search string I am NOT taken back to the original forum I was in.

If someone can point me to clear instructions I'll keep trying. Otherwise, I'll look for a better place to find answers.

TOPICS
Bug , Community Information

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I use Google. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is to say, I use Google to search, specifying site:community.adobe.com. The search engine in the forums seems less than useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on the landing/front page, the search field searches all of the forums. If you're in a specific forum, it only searches that forum.

Personally, I find the search function in these forums to be poorly designed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to a specific board first, then run your search query.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ray,

You may be able to use 4) in the OP below (and maybe 1) - 3) for other purposes).

https://community.adobe.com/t5/community-feedback/suggestions-for-easier-forum-work-%E3%83%95%E3%82%...

For other forums than Illustrator, you can just click the Search box for the forum in question, then make the same changes in the URL as shown in 4), then Bookmark; I have Bookmarked a search right under each forum just inserting the word Search before the forum name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link is weird, hardly readable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just shows how bad this new forum design is. Not only did they break tons of scripts with the transferring. The search is hideous and the results are even worst.

I search something and for instance, it shows 1000 hits, how the hell to i get past the 10 first???
It feels like either pagination is missing or something is really horribly broken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luckily i found a "hotfix" for the search issue here

WHy does it take months to adjust a searchqeury scripts which spits out advanced=true thats how search should work and show pagination

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

schroef,

"That link is weird, hardly readable"

I apologize.

The bilingual instructions with alternating English/Japanese paragraphs was the only way I could make it.

I hope you can see the decorative lines in Japanese as such, and just read the English lines.

Part 4) referring to search specifies how to create and bookmark a search page for each forum; it is an elaboration on two posts by katayanagi with links, the second link is to the post you have just found and used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines