Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2009 Mar 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "search forums" field in the top right of the page currently searches all the forums. It would seem more logical for it to only search forums at the level that the user is currently browsing.

Alternatively add a "search this forum" field.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it needs to be able to do both.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the search icon (magnifying glass) without filling in any search term. You will get an error message, but you will also get a page where you can select where to search (by clicking on the More Options link under the search text field).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think we could, maybe, improve on that search UI design a bit?
Pretty please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They claim it is updated in the next production release (though I don't have a date for it making it to our site yet).

>With Jive SBS, the quick search available in the user bar has an option that allows the user to limit the quick search results based upon the container being viewed within the context of the current page. So if looking at Space A, if you type some text in the quick search, there is now a link at the top of the results that can be used to limit the results to only Space A. The same holds true when viewing the profile of a particular user - there is a link at the top of the quick search results allowing the user to limit results to only those by the current user being viewed.

>Also, on the search page in Jive SBS, the more options sections has been completely redone. It now includes a text field into which you can type the name of a container that you want to limit results to rather than having the select list box from previous versions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Click on the search icon (magnifying glass) without filling in any search term. You will get an error message, but you will also get a page where you can select where to search (by clicking on the More Options link under the search text field).

Then deselect items you don't wish to search, scroll through a huge list to find the forum to search...

...and that's why a "search this forum" option is needed on the front page - I rest my case!

Graham.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spaces? Type the name of a container? I predict bafflement at the unfamiliar terminology.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2009 Apr 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I give up. I will come back and search for the item I was looking for later when I recover. Hopefully, adobe will bring back the ability to search within the current forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines