Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search - Fourm Listing - Compact

Jun 08, 2009 Jun 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A previous discussion dealt with the small space allocated to listing 520 forum topics in the advanced search.  The size of the box was increased and that helped.  But it seems like it would be much improved to compact the listings so just major headings are listed.

As an example -  the first forum is Acrobat, which has 51 sub-headings.  This takes nearly 3 screens to advance beyond this.  Why not just list Acrobat and if a person was interested in that forum they could lick on heading and expand it to include the other 51 sub-headings?

If the entire list was restructured to include just main topic, with option to expand to sub-groups, this it would compact it down to a more easily navigtable list.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg! i'm blind!

(and for the conceptually impared, what a great, obvious idea!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would "lick" on the heading but I don't see how it would expand. Plus my screen would get yuckie. (Sorry. Was just too tempting to pass up)

Other then that: Great Idea!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"lick", yes I saw that after I posted it, but could not find the "edit" tab.  Perhaps the OP does not get that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Edit is over on the right in one of those boxes for the OP. Until someone replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be less confusing for all if the format was consistant where edit box is located.  A problem with group projects where individuals don't look, or care, how the pieces fit together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 09, 2009 Jun 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I quickly went through the forum listings and just using the main headings the line count was reduced from 520 to 75.  If Adobe could reduce the forum listing to expandable main headings it would be a breeze to navigate, and one would not get so lost as to where you are in the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines