Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search is broken-again?

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2009 Jan 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -
I was just at the Flash forum, tried to search for "alternative content" and got a ColdFusion error.

I know this has happened before and I know it was reported here before. Since there was no remedy provided other than to report it - here I am.

I hope this message reaches the correct admin and helps solve the issue for all involved. I can send a screen cap of the error if that helps.

jl
MacOS 10.4.11, FFox 3.0.5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2009 Jan 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've sent this on to the web folks. I have note heard back yet, so will ping them again.

Thanks!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2009 Jan 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John -
But today (6 days later) the same is happening (or it's still happening).

Please re-ping them.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think anyone's home over there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Please re-ping them

The cfusion forms have different operators and moderators

The moderators here have no control over what is done over there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose the moderators in the adobe have no control over what's done other than ability to knock some one off for spamming or abuse.
As far of the design of the Forums, and systems used to deliver them that's totally up to discretion Adobe. For instance they could switch us all over to Coldfusion and hour for now and there is not a D... thing we could do about it. The only choice would be for the users to abandon the forums in Droves. Not making it worthwhile to run them. Which they should do the second ColdFusion shows up in the Forum Formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When ColdFusion shows up here. it will be time either to switch to a newsreader or to abandon the forums altogether. :/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2009 Jan 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> or to abandon the forums altogether. :/<br /><br />Welcome to the Hotel California. <g><br /><br />Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cold Fusion is a supporting platform, not a fixed design style.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not saying it will happen. But, its decision of Adobe, as to the look and feel of the Forums. Moderators only power is to control decorum. They have no say in design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have no power to control decorum either ;-)

Just the limited powers of persuasion with a nip here and tuck there.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OW! watch where you pointing that thing mike!!! :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The search issue has been found and fixed and is being tested on their staging server. The fix should roll out to production on Monday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's good news. And it takes us back on topic...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 04, 2009 Feb 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There still seems to be a problem. I'm having a problem with InDesign, no answers in the forum, so I Googled. I found an Adobe knowledge base article with a number of suggestions. I forgot to bookmark it, so I did a search of the knowledge base from the Indesign forum page to get back to it.

I put in just the right information, but got no results, plus this message in the results page: "Error on Search Entry Widget".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 05, 2009 Feb 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Knowledgebase Search link in the Forums should go to http://www.adobe.com/support/index.html

I went there, selected InDesign as the product and entered some search terms (page layout tabs) and got back a set of results.

Can you still repeat the error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it worked this time using the same terms. Thanks, just a gremlin, I expect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Thanks, just a gremlin, I expect.

it wasn't me!!! :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2009 Feb 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope your just a Tribble. ;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2009 Feb 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better a tribble than a gribble.

XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 19, 2009 Feb 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm posting to make the DUMB thread drop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines