Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search limited to recent posts

LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2010 Nov 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I noticed this morning that searching the LiveCycle Designer forum seems to be limited to today. My grasp of Latin is limited so I am not going to attempt the plural of 'forum' . Suffice to say, it seems to be across the board.

Is this a temporary 'feature' or a permanent clear out?

Thanks,

Niall

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 25, 2010 Nov 25, 2010

You are welcime, Niall.

I believe there are some random strangenesses; earlier today at about 1 AM PST, I witnessed a temporary fallout in the Illustrator forum so I had to reload, whereas this forum and five others appeared as usual at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2010 Nov 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Niall,

The limitation does neither seem to apply to the forums in general (using the Search Forums button), or to specific forum searches (using the Search This Forum button).

It seems that forum is used as a plain English word by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jacob,

It must be a local issue, when I search here it only returns results from yesterday or today:

Safari1.png

Maybe all will be well when I log back in later.

Thanks,

Niall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcime, Niall.

I believe there are some random strangenesses; earlier today at about 1 AM PST, I witnessed a temporary fallout in the Illustrator forum so I had to reload, whereas this forum and five others appeared as usual at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For here at adobe and most  "Forums" on the internet its "Forums" not "fora". While "Fora" may be technical correct. It use has become out of favor for years. For one thing it sounds too much like "Flora". And second it makes the person using it looklike they are trying real hard to impress someone that they know latin. I am almost 62 years old graduated in 1968. and the last time my high school taught Latin was in 1964 when the latin teacher had exactly 2 students. Needless to say, she taught another language the following year and it has never returned. Even Doctors no long use Latin to write prescriptions, nor do Pharmacists' have the ability to read it.  It left to the realm of certain scientific endeavors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even Doctors no long use Latin to write prescriptions, nor do Pharmacists' have the ability to read it.

If anyone can read a prescription, it is not (hand) written by a doctor.

Consequently, any claim that doctors (still) do, or (ever) did, (hand) write prescriptions in Latin remains an unprovable theory/hypothesis/assumption/guess/hoax.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your obviously young I can remember when my doctor wrote perscription in a Language I couldn't read. And it wasn't because he had bad handwritting because he had good handwritting. I had even asked one time what the language was it was said it was Latin.  Of course it could have been ancient Roman or Greek for all I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... I can remember when my doctor wrote perscription in a Language I couldn't read... I had even asked one time what the language was it was said it was Latin.  Of course it could have been ancient Roman or Greek for all I know.

That was not a disproof of the unproveability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 26, 2010 Nov 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

http://milbut.org/images/ThreadDirection.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines