• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

searching question

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2009 Apr 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I search just one forum? I didn't see the answer in the FAQ. I'm trying to see if I can change the desktop colors of my new PPro CS4 back to how it looked in CS2. I think CS4 is too dark and hard to see...

and is it just me, or is this new forum really, really slow?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As to speed, it's just you. Hopefully only temporarily. Of course, it may not be just you, but for me, on broadband with a Mac, there's no difference in speed except occasional network slowdowns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Search Forums field upper right, don't bother entering anything yet, just click the magnifying glass.

You'll arrive at a page showing the results for your search for "Search Forums". Disregard the results but look under the larger search field now on your left. Click the More Options link.

In More Options you can select one or more forums from the scrolling list. It's nightmarish to scroll through and find the one you want, but it works.

Then run the search again.

AM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on the link to forums from the application that I am using, I don't want to see a list of 200 or so forums for obscure programs (as far as I am concerned) like Photoshop. I just want to see the forum for my application.

Even worse, I don't want to have to click on an even more obscure link and spend ages trying to get a minute drop down list to stop scrolling where I want it to. (but thanks to Anne Marie for telling me where to look)

It was bad enough before when there was a drop down list for all the forums, but at least it was possible to find the one that you wanted fairly easily. Now it is exceeding difficult as Anne Marie said.

Come back Macromedia - all is forgiven!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They've been taken over by the BORG collective.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the helpful answers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still a pain to search an individual forum. But we are working on at least making that little selection box of forums to be alphabetical. It is an amazingly slow and painfull manual process to sort that list, but I'm hacking away at it as I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

It is still a pain to search an individual forum. But we are working on at least making that little selection box of forums to be alphabetical. It is an amazingly slow and painfull manual process to sort that list, but I'm hacking away at it as I can.

First of all, I don't blame you John.

That said, how the hell can Adobe choose forum software that doesn't even allow a user to trivially search a single forum?  I must be missing some important point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simple really John. All you have to do is to purchase a copy of Microsoft Excell, copy your list into one column and click sort. Takes about 0.002 seconds. Then copy and paste the column back into your database...

Seriously though, it does not need to be sub sectioned. Plain alphabetical - together with a 20 high drop down list will cut the tedium greatly. At least Dreamweaver, which is what I use will come in the top 5% of your list.

To find the Dreamweaver forums for those interested, just type Dreamweaver into the search box and click the magnifying box. Three times in ten you will get a 404 error, but the other 7 will give you a telling off, but list all the dreamweaver forums for you to click on. It only took me ten minutes to work that one out. The searching of the Dreamweaver forums is a job I have yet to tackle.

Apart from that, the forums are not much different than they have been for the last 6 years.

Happy Easter

Howard Walker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines