• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sign-in link returns 404 error

Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier on today I tried to log-in from another computer and the sign-in link at the top right corner gave a 404 error each time I tried it...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've came in on my normal machine and wasn't signed in. Clicked the sign-in button and got the same as you. Closed the browser, came in again and was signed in. It's done this three times so far this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just go back on I had to quit and reopen SeaMonkey 10 times and remove cache 5 times in between. I'd like to smack the person looking after the sign in server up side the head. I wish adobe would drop Jive faster than Hot potato.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I don't have PSE 12 yet.

Had to Shut down to Go out for a while came back and had to open and close SeaMonkey (uses FireFox We Engine. Several Times

Tried:

1. Safari
  2. Chrome
  3. SeaMonkey
  4. FireFox
  5. Maxthon
  6. Opera Next
  7. Opera
  8. OminiWeb
  9. iCab
  10. Aurora

All have the same Issue have to open and close Multiple Times to get it to sign in. The sign server or its software is Toast. They need to fix ASAP or sooner.  If they can't figure it out hit it with a hammer to it. Or open and Vacuum the crud out. Do something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened to me with Win7-IE10... fixed with a Windows restart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might try dumping the browser cache.  This cured my log on problem this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried dumping Browser Cache No affect.

I think they fixed the login server for couple of hours couldn't even get into Forums They didn't exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

That, and cookie removal did not work for me, on Chrome - but it's working now, so all is right with my world... Well, maybe not ALL, but at least on the Adobe Forums, it is.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be a cache issue. I've seen it on Safari where I had to clear the cache and restart the browser. Saw the same on an iPad and had to clear cookies and data for Safari under Settings.

I don't think there is anything that can be changed on this side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe-admin,

I agree, and as Curt Y points out in another thread, a reboot is required for that cleaning to take effect.

As I updated the OS, in my "down time," I did reboot, and that, plus the Cache cleaning, probably fixed things.

All is good, here in "sunny" AZ.

Log-in is also back to automatic on both of my browsers.

Hunt

PS - just glad that we are not in DC this week, and do not arrive until Monday. Things seem crazy there, right now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to vary. I had the issue and just cleared the browser cache and restarted the browser. I did not reboot the computer. Do what it takes to get it to work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier yesterday when I tried to sign-in to the forum, the sign-in panel looked the same as the Adobe.com sign-in panel.

Later I got signed out, and when I tried to sign-in again, there was a 404 error.

Hours later I tried again, and this time it was the old forum sign-in panel.

Then I got signed-out again, and when trying to sign-in again, I got a Jive Oops! panel for the rest of the day (Japan time).

Clearly someone was doing things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Par for the course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jive_oops.png

Clearing all Adobe.com cookies fixed the above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly yesterday I cleared cache I cleared cookies, I tried all 10  different web browsers Ihave with same result. I shut down computer and restarted 3 different times. I restarte SeaMonky 3 different times always receiving the notice you showed. Then went from that to the page that has Japanese on it that comes up when Adobe don't know where anything is. After about 3 hrs it finally started working.

I was a screw up At Jive the message above proves it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2013 Oct 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now experiencing the same issues on my normal computer... Nothing seems

to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same was happening to me, from Oct 02, evening (about 7:00PM PDT) with Google Chrome. IE was getting though.

Today, Oct 03, about 10:00AM PDT, Chrome is now working. No error messages, and sign-in works again.

Why? I have no idea if the issue was on my end, Adobe's end, or Jive's end, but will take success any day.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I expect it's on Adobe end but they are not owning up to it. They won't admit if they have a crew up . To many people were affect.  I had to try more than 3 times on all the browsers I tried get it going even a couple of Computer retsarts in between. Should have to when every other application I had open had no issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hit this problem with Firefox on Win 7/64 bit. It was resolved by clearing all Adobe cookies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still same Issue. Still have to quit and restart SeaMonekey and Fire Fox several times Empties Cache I believe they have hamsters looking after the sign in servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem seemed solved for a couple of days, but has now returned...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another Monday and back to the JIVE SBS error.  Was not present Thurs - Sunday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only affects some of the CDN nodes (I suspect it's only one) so it's luck if you hit the error page or not. The admin team are working on it, can't say more than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me everytime I came to the forums yesterday and Saturday. Today so far Cross everything including legs, toes, and Fingers I was able to get in first time. If they have found the lympth node that causing the issue it needs to be removed and another grafted in. You always ought to have a setup that switch to a Back up setup within 1 minutes of a Problem occurring and the defective one should remain offline and fixed and tested before it goes online again. And if can't be fixed the Powersupply Hard Drive PCI Card  or modem  that is causies the problem shoulbe thrown away. If its Software then they should erase the software erase the drive the software is on and reinstall software and tested before returning to service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gilad D (try67) wrote:

This problem seemed solved for a couple of days, but has now returned...

There are lots of problems on these forums for the past 7 days or so.  Somebody at Adobe really need to take it on the chin and accept that they have failed to manage these forums securely and it is time to give an ultimatum to Jive that unless they can sort out these problems by the close of business on Wednesday 9th October, 2013, the contract would be deemed terminated and appropriate compensation claim would be lodged at a court of law.

This would put them on high alert and extra staff would be drafted to resolve the problem overnight.  this can't go on forever;  We are talking of basic forums that are already proven solutions to manage them.  Anybody can run forums these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines