• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Signed out by forum every half hour!

Enthusiast ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I've posted a topic and and following replies throught hte day - I am only kept signed in for a half hour at most! It is so frustrating to have to sign in 10x a day to use the forum. Can I adjust this setting anywhere? and no matter how many times I click the "remember me" checkbox - it NEVER does. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karen,

Unfortunately, this is a forum issue that haunts many, in many forums.

Here is a recent thread about it:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1356460?tstart=0

Edit: It seems that we posted in one forum and ended in another one, Karen.

I hope we are still we.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it never happened here before the Adobe hacking. And I belong to meany forums and have never seen anything that approached this in severity. Sometimes I don't even get 20 minutes grace period!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite, Karen.

Unfortunately, no one has found out what is actually wrong, and the forums will be upgraded soon, so I am afraid we shall have to wait and see what happens then.

The issue is quite different for different people and at different times. For my own part, in my lucky hidden corner, every day I can just open my browser on one of the forums, then wait until the login happens all by itself and then access all forums for the rest of the day, unless I am inactive for more than some 4 to 5 hours. Quite rarely, maybe once a month, I have to enter the first letter of the ID and then the password to get logged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

karenf1 wrote:

But it never happened here before the Adobe hacking. And I belong to meany forums and have never seen anything that approached this in severity. Sometimes I don't even get 20 minutes grace period!

Have you cleared the browser cache files using two different methods:

1) By going to Tools >> Options >> Privacy >> Clear your recent history

2) Launching your Windows explorer and going to: 

<C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\yqbn3ldc.default\Cache>

replace USERNAME with your Windows profile ID

In December I wasn't able to login at all and miraculously, everything started working again in mid January.

So a clean start may be required for some user profiles.

My suggestions above applies to Mozilla Firefox only but it can be adapted for other browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is that, as everything related with this bug, this is also erratic. Sometimes clearing cookies and caches seems to produce an effect (or is coincident with a change), and sometiomes it does nothing...

And could you provide a name of some sort? I don't like addressing you as "mytaxsite".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines