New Here ,
Mar 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...

Where? How?

TIA...

seamonkeypicture004.png

I know this is small but notice over in the right bottom corner of this screen shot

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Signing out of the Adobe Forums...

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...

Where? How?

TIA...

seamonkeypicture004.png

I know this is small but notice over in the right bottom corner of this screen shot

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 20, 2010 0
Mentor ,
Mar 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on Adobe Forums as shown above (just below the Welcome and your  name or Username). The look all the way over to the right, you'll see Logout.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2010 1
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope... nothing there... neither in IE nor FF...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2010 0
Mentor ,
Mar 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seamonkeypicture004.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2010 0
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only find a LOGOUT link at the forum home page http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2010 0
Mentor ,
Mar 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging in up the very top. Don't ask to explain why as Adobe.

Phillip M Jones, C.E.T. "If it ain't Broke, Don't Fix it!"

616 Liberty Street Martinsville, Va 24112-1809

phone: 276-632-5045 cell:276-732-7781

mailto:pjones1@kimbanet.com http://www.phillipmjones.net

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2010 0
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! Many thanks! Finally found it... It's looking so innocuous now... used to be on top... and if, i'm not mistaken, in red?

*** And, why is it that this is the only forum i visit that one can't even enter text without some hassle or the other?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2010 0
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pwillener wrote:

I can only find a LOGOUT link at the forum home page http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

Yup... seems to only be on that page... as Philip also c

onfirmed in his original post...

These, unwarranted and unwanted, breaks are getting a bit much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2010 0
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

khaziranga wrote:

These, unwarranted and unwanted, breaks are getting a bit much!

Inexcusable. 

But they make you check your spelling! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2010 0
Mentor ,
Mar 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Talk about it, look what the forum did to my post just above yours. I didn't put all that code. I would love to have the phone number of the right person to talk to about this I'd give them a piece of my mine. Enough is enough. THis has been around since the last update. normal people would as soon as they saw the problem would have a patch up and running within a week of it happening. But we have to remember adobe and Jive are not normal.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2010 0
Mentor ,
Mar 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked out my spelling!! If it wasn't for the censors I'd add some italian emphasis.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2010 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, unless my memory is completely wrong, many important problems that were reported since the implementation of the trial version of these new forums have not been corrected so far. The problems you are complaining about are relatively new, and we have been officially informed of an easy workaround: correct by hand.

If I were you, I wouldn't expect a solution instead of a workaround. And of course one can always quit the forums when too fed up with the way they (don't) work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2010 0
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

And of course one can always quit the forums when too fed up with the way they (don't) work.

Judging by my recent experience in the forums I frequent, where the posting of reasonable questions has sunk to about 10% of the previous rate, I would say most useful people have already quit.

Whether it is due to the permanently malfunctioning forum software is hard to determine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2010 0
Mentor ,
Mar 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those wishing for NNTP and want to jump ship. They have a whole bunch of Adobe newsgroups on the Eternal-September.net news server. Note it an authenticated server which means you have to sign up  and they send you a password then you have to enter username and password to get in. If you have your newsreader memorize, them they will be sent each time  for the authenitication. I am sure they could add more as needed.

I'll stick it out here despite all the warts.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2010 0
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

That observation holds for several other product fora, as well.

Now, Premiere (all flavors), Encore and PS are filled with little more than installation issues.

Premiere has lost about 5 of the main-stay regulars, and Encore has lost two of the most helpful regulars. I hardly recognize a subscriber in PS any more.

Oh well, what are we to do?

Good luck,

Hunt

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2010 0
Mar 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I had your problem. I am automatically logged out every time I restart my browser, and in a few hours if I don't.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2010 0
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

I am automatically logged out every time I restart my browser, and in a few hours if I don't.

So am I.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2010 0
Mar 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

Claudio González wrote:

I am automatically logged out every time I restart my browser, and in a few hours if I don't.

So am I.  

Well, I was told months ago that my case was of no iterest because I was the only person affected by the problem. Now that we are two, we should perhaps refloat that thread (if I can findit!)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2010 0
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

Claudio González wrote:

So am I. 

I had that problem sometime in the middle of last year.  Someone (JVD?) told me to clear all Adobe cookies, which I did, and the problem disappeared.  It was quite a number of cookies (dozens!) that I had to delete at that time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2010 0
Mar 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat, I delete cookies e

verytime before logging in on my Mac, wh

ere closing a window doesn't close the browser. I have also tried each and every suggestion that has been posted in this forum. Unfortunately, the problem seems to be morestubborn than I am...

Extra linefeeds kindly provided by the software.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2010 0
Mentor ,
Mar 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know these directions don't work for Claudio. But might others having the problem.

1. go to adobe forums main page and log out.
  2. then go to Adobe.com main Page and Log out.
  3. next locate any and every cookie reated to Adobe, Adobeforums.
  4. remove them quit your browser.
  5. Try restarting computer.
  6. open Browser and go to adobe main page and Log in.
  7. next go to forum see if logged in if not logg in.
  8. As soon as your in, move away from Forum toanother page
  9. then quit your browser.
  10. reopen and go to forum check to see if in.
  11. check cookies to see if have been rebuilt.
  12. IF so try and see whether you stay logged in.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2010 0
Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Phillip,

I noticed that your directions include a couple of extra steps than the most elaborate logout-relogin procedure I use. As I am willing to try anything to avoid being logged out so frequently, I decided to give your directions a try.

Well, everything worked as expected until step 10. When I went to the forums after restarting my browser, I found that I had been logged out, so I could not proceed any further. This is one of the things I have been complaining about: I am logged out everytime I restart my browser, regardless of browser and platform. The other is that when I log in on my Mac, where going out of the forums does not close my browser, I am being logged out long before the 24 hours we are told the cookies last for; and this has been getting worse in the last few weeks.

I suspect that my particular problem may be due to the fact that I never accepted changing my Adobe ID to my email address, because now I cannot make this change even when following all the instructions for doing so. Unfortunately, JC cannot do anything about this, and contacts with persons who perhaps could have been unfruitful so far.

Written in case I am not alone, and another user affected by this problem reads this thread.

Changing the subject completely: All the messages I have posted in the last month have been sent using the same setup, from my Mac. However, the extra linefeed problem has been attacking randomly. Some times it affects only the first line I type, some times it affects many lines, and sometimes it does not appear at all, as in this message.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2010 0
Mentor ,
Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered the possibilty of creating a

email address say from Yahoo Mail, Google mail and set up Yahoo!/Google to forward mail to your real address or if you have a Server of your own create an email box specifically for you to use with this  group.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2010 0
Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, perhaps I am too old, but I still prefer to navigate the forums from my browser... Thanks for your suggestion anyway.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2010 0
Mentor ,
Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that but that way you would have a legit email address the username/password system could be tied to.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2010 0
Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that the system won't take any email as my Adobe ID. I have tried with real existing ones, with specially created ones, and even with fake ones.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2010 0
Mentor ,
Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what to say. Adobe just wants make your life miserable.

I still believe they have a defect in the server or server software to keep up with User Names/passwords. But I am not a smart enough person to tell them look there and fix it. So best I can do is sympathize.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2010 0
Advocate ,
Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip Jones wrote on 3/24/2010 1:35 PM:

I don't know what to say. Adobe just wants make your life miserable.

Yes, it is right there in the corporate goals for FY 2009: make Claudio

miserable. And 6000+ people are working diligently towards that goal.

If you don't know what to say, would you please consider saying nothing

at all? Or if you insist on baseless diatribes, please move it over to

the Lounge so we can factual discussions on the forums here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2010 0
Mentor ,
Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would you just lighten up please?

Both I and Claudio know better. Gee I've never seen somebody that didn't have any sense of humor what so ever.

enough said on the subject let's move on.  perhaps I erred by not adding a smiley telling folks I was joking.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2010 0
Advocate ,
Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip Jones wrote on 3/24/2010 2:15 PM:

perhaps I erred by not adding a smiley telling folks I was joking.

And I suppose I am to believe that when you posted

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2673764#2673764 you were joking too?

Please do us all a favor and post your 'jokes' in the right place:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/370821

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2010 0
Mentor ,
Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I was dead serious in that link. The system needs up dating we are almost 1.5 versions behind and the last update we had was from 2.5.13 to 2.5.16.

You've admitted yourself by showing a link to Jive that they've know about the problems with starnge line breaks and characters and fixed in version 4.

You know it or you wouldn't have sent the link if you didn't know.

So could we just move on!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2010 0
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might have been serious, but what you wrote there about upgrading was no less of a "joke"...

The fact of life is that upgrading major software installations is not a simple task, and it's not somethong that is done as simply as you seem to think.

I'd suggest you take Jochem's suggestions to heart and stop making light of things that you have no clue about...

Harbs

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2010 0
Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest you take Jochem's suggestions to heart and stop making light of things that you have no clue about...

But, we'd never hear from him again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2010 0
Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

But, we'd never hear from him again.

...which I, at least, would consider grossly unfair. He is really harmless, good natured, and very willing to help. Let him post in peace.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2010 0
Mentor ,
Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh a periodic chastising of me won't stop me from expressing an opinion or trying to help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2010 0
Advocate ,
Mar 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody has a problem with you expressing an opinion. Presenting your opinion as fact however ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 25, 2010 0
Mar 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem van Dieten wrote:

Nobody has a problem with you expressing an opinion. Presenting your opinion as fact however ...

Yes, this could be a problem with newcomers. However, I very much doubt that many of them read this particular forum (although all too frequently they post product questions here), and all of us oldtimers know Phillip quite well, that's why I said that I consider him harmless.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 25, 2010 0
Enthusiast ,
Mar 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem van Dieten wrote:

Dude... you should check out this thread...

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2673493#2673493

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2010 0
Advocate ,
Mar 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think JVD is capable of lightening up PJ, it's his nature.  He's in charge here and he just want this forum to be all business.  No point in fighting it anymore really, not worth it.

But feel free to join "the survivors" in the lounge as suggested, we're redecorating the place after The Great Purges, it's quite nice! 

I can't believe Claudio is still seeing that logout problem - geez.  Such a simple thing, you would think.

Perhaps Jiveware should ditch their weak, buggy cookie-based login persistence and go to a db-driven method (probably too complicated for them).  Sorry, old habits die hard I guess.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2010 0
Mentor ,
Mar 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No JVD hasn't hurt my felings. I've been use to this type treatment most of my life  (I'll be 61 tomorrow).

If I were to go to to the lounge he'd probably follow me there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2010 0
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

You youngster you! And here I thought that you were a contemporary of mine. Well, let's say that your parents were contemporaries of mine.

I'd be a bit happier, if no one's feelings got hurt around these parts. There is just too much to discuss, without all that "stuff."

Stiff upper lip, and all that...

Hunt

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 28, 2010 0
Advocate ,
Mar 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy for you to say, you're a four-blobber. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 28, 2010 0
Participant ,
Mar 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been very upity, and superior feeling  :  ) Been logged on for about 3 months straight--til mid-afternoon today.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2010 0