• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow as ever and crippled too.

LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2011 Apr 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to be so blunt, but the forums are as slow as ever.

In addition we have lost RT (read tracking) in the process, making all the forums nearly unuseable. It was clear that most of the users wanted RT back. It has not happened in two weeks time. Now the speed has become another hurdle. Was'nt that the reason to remove RT? Well, good choice.

No speed improvements and greatly reduced functionality.

I'm ready to give up on this approach.

I have tried to help people here, but now it is impossible to do so. I take time off, untill Adobe gets it right.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much as I understand and simpathize with your frustration, I am disturbed and sorry to see you "taking a rest" until these forums recover some of their lost functionalities. I wonder what would become of the forums if many other of the most prolific collaborators followed your lead...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They would all be like this one: http://forums.adobe.com/community/contribute/contribute_general_discussion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

They would all be like this one: http://forums.adobe.com/community/contribute/contribute_general_discus sion

I see. Only one of the first 5 questions answered; 5 top participants do not gather 4,000 points, and more than 3,300 of these points belong to one of the top 5...

Yes, this would be the most likely scenario if a majority the most helpful contributors, such as Harm, took a break to wait for these forums to be fully functional. Which, from what we have seen in these over two years, may take a very long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>may take a very long time

As long as stock prices and dividends remain high, so stock owners and the Board of Directors are happy, I don't think anything at all will be done to improve these forums

The Adobe employee(s) directly tasked with keeping the forums running do the best they can... but do not seem to have contact with anyone who has the authority to really make any changes

I've seen it mentioned in some other thread that Jive is now at version "4-something" and here we are... stuck at "2-something"

My personal expectation has now been lowered to the point that I'm happy just to be able to get to the forums at all, and pages load before I begin to grow moss on one side

There is still good information to be had... and people do help each other... but there are days I could almost agree with Harm, and just stop visiting for awhile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have nothing but the greatest respect for the long-timers here, but in this case I simply can't agree with Harm that the speed hasn't increased.  From where I sit, all day today the forums were faster than they used to be.  There were a few times where I waited more than 5 seconds, but only a very few, and only once twice so far has it presented me with the multilingual "You've got to be kidding, you expected to be able to access the forum right now?" message, and that was those were only for a few minutes around 8 and 8:30 EDT.

In all seriousness, I think perhaps besides occasional server slowness, which may have been recently improved, it's extreme inefficiency that makes these forums seem slow to many folks - i.e., those with anything less than a modern supercomputer.  More than a megabyte has to be downloaded to see the base page of a particular forum, and half of that seems to be script.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And now, lo and behold in the past hour we have read tracking put back on, and ahlbedanged, it's still the same speed (relatively fast for me)!

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines