• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow, slow, slow (III) !

LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2008 Mar 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread with this name that was closed with no explanation did serve a useful purpose, so I am opening a new one to replace it.

Speed is back to normal now, and if there was a shutdown, I wasn't here to witness it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 574 Replies 574
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2008 Mar 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't know it has nothing to do with Traffic. Just because something is posted at a certain from a User doesn't mean it can get in at that time.

Beside the traffic time there is the hard drive for all those files. I know even on a Mac even with journaling turned on. That if the there are som many files, and the files are broken up tiny fragments, the head on the driver has to skip around from place to place to find the files.

So if they have relatively small drivers and not enough servers to take in all the files, thats going slow down matters as well. Another factor is the speed of the processors in those servers. If they are old like suspect that slows down matters as well.

I have a 120 gigabyte Drive for OSX on my Tower Mac a G4-500 with 1.5 GB RAM; using OSX3.9. I also have a PowerBook 17" using a 1.67GB Processor and 2 GB RAM and just a 80GB hard Drive.

You would think with all the space I have on the Tower I should be just as fast. downloading files. But No the PB is faster. Factors are:
Faster Processor, not near as many files on that 80 Gig Drive as I have on that 120 Gig drive. and I am using X.3.9 on the tower and 4.11 on the PB.

So the amount of equipment, the size of the equipment (HD Space) and the system installed on that equipment all have a bearing on the speed at which we see these post on these Forums. along with the speed of incoming and out going line tied to. (56k, DSL, Cable, T1, T5, etc).

I'm sure Adobe is not going to invest in top of the line equipment to provide this service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I'm sure Adobe is not going to invest in top of the line equipment to provide this service.

Well, for starters, I don't believe these forums are even hosted on Adobe owned servers. I think they belong to WebX.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bit slow here in north east pennsylvania.

pjones, take off the tin foil hat man! :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether its WebX or adobe still could be the equipment.

I love to wear that Tin Hat :-D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DOG slow in north east PA now! near unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally unusable at the moment. This page took a minute to load.

Measured download speed: 4954 Kbps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 26, 2008 Mar 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

slowing down again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

30 seconds to get here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As well as intermittent slowness, I have noticed a new behavior

WinXp/IE7 at both home/work... home is DSL and work is a T1 line into a site network

What I have always seen in the past is that IE7 would show a progress bar as the page loads... sometimes fast, lately slow on an intermittent basis

Now, sometimes, there is no progress bar at all and IE7 just sits for awhile... then the page displays on the computer monitor

This leads me to WONDER if the programmers have done something to the page coding... so the page is actually downloaded from the server to my computer, but it then takes IE7 a "long" time to read the page code before it is able to put the page up on my monitor

Anyone think this might be the case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SeaMonkey also use a progress meter and the last few days when you click on the email link when it goes to the navigator screen (web Browser portion) I see a blank screen That progress normal one third of the way Then it sits with no progress, for up to a Minute sometimes 5 minutes. all the while a very small B&W white pinwheel icon (indicates some type of wait for activity) is spinning slowly. Then at bottom left suddenly see item says waiting for adobe .com/forums, then progress meter begins to finish loading. Its if its polling all the adobe servers in the system before it can find one that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pages certainly seem to be loading in a different way than before.

But maybe that's because they take so Loooooooooooooooooooooooong!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's jittery. with lots of spurts and stops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often the pages are waiting for the Adobe favicon to load in the address bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rarely slow, mostly even fast, CET (no much longer, unfortunately).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't like daylight saving?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2008 Mar 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

slowing down intermittently again. northeast pennsylvania. 3rd day in a row.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Down to a crippled crawl: the main page of this forum hadn't fully loaded after 6 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much better now: 8 seconds to open this page. Still quite far from normal, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be back to normal now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Took about three minutes to get here from the forum list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not better here: it's been slow all day, sometimes not responding at all. All other web sites load instantly.

What on earth are those guys doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> What on earth are those guys doing?

They are probably working on an *improved* forum format. It has been a
little while since the last debacle...

Juergen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's taking minutes between click and response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now that post went right through after it taking ~5 minutes between clicking on the topic name to open the post screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again quick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines