Slow, slow, slow (III) !

Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread with this name that was closed with no explanation did serve a useful purpose, so I am opening a new one to replace it.

Speed is back to normal now, and if there was a shutdown, I wasn't here to witness it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Slow, slow, slow (III) !

Mar 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread with this name that was closed with no explanation did serve a useful purpose, so I am opening a new one to replace it.

Speed is back to normal now, and if there was a shutdown, I wasn't here to witness it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 15, 2008 0
574 Replies 574
Advocate ,
Mar 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other one was obviously going way off topic, Claudio, I'd have thought you would be pleased it was closed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 16, 2008 0
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we there yet?

(I mean has the server reboot happened?)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 16, 2008 0
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>The other one was obviously going way off topic, Claudio, I'd have thought you would be pleased it was closed.

For my part, and I believe for the other participants in the silliness, the OT posts were a gift to Claudio. I think the world of Claudio, but he frequently expresses alarm at the slightest deviation from a thread's original topic. I just wanted him to see an example of what genuine thread drift looked like, in the hopes that minor deviations might not appear so threatening in the future.

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 16, 2008 0
Mar 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> ... frequently expresses alarm at the slightest deviation from a thread's original topic

Brutus, for me it depends very heavily on the type of drifting, and I also do some drifting myself:

Kath Howard3, "Still no supervision in the French and Spanish forums?" #342, 10 Mar 2008 6:31 am

and see also messages 9 through 19 in the now closed Slow, slow, slow! topic.

However, I strongly oppose to drifting involving personal attacks, which is quite a different matter. I don't express alarm when I see it happen in this particular forum, I express my clear protest.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 16, 2008 0
Guide ,
Mar 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

b Faster
than changing channels on the TV now. :)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 16, 2008 0