Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow Slow Slow Slow Slow.....

Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn the jive a$$ hamster is slower than the old Webx hamster. I've been logged out of the forum while waiting to get in.

that is weird.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 04, 2009 May 04, 2009
... and we said it wouldn't work!

And we got sworn at and were insulted for having the temerity to say it; and were told to give the new format a chance … but we couldn't have been more right:

Adobe's pig-headed dive into Jive has destroyed their Forums irreparably.

Just looking-in in the hope of seeing some trace of improvement … and promptly checking-out again ….

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 181 Replies 181
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went out of my way to modify this format so I could live with the infantile look of this forum.  But the performance issues have clinched it for me:

this forum is utterly unusable.   

Bye, everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to get in to the InDesign Forum for about 10 to 15 minutes. My browser is just spinning away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was down for maintenance for a bit.  And hey, it's early days!  No software is without teething problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Victoria.Bampton wrote:

It was down for maintenance for a bit.  And hey, it's early days!  No software is without teething problems.

Installing the crappy new forum and Maintenance are two different things. Please don't confuse them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Victoria.Bampton wrote:

But this is off the shelf forum software (customer configurable).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Forums have been rendered

UNUSABLE

as most of those who participated in the Test Forum Trials, warned John Cornicello that they would be.

What a huge loss to us all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a huge loss to us all.

I was hoping it would be better today. It is horrible. Slow and non functional. As far as "teething" I would say the things that make it bad wont be getting any better because it is Jive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.  Unusable, in that

• one can't look at lists only of topics with new posts,
  • one can't skip over the already-read posts when opening a topic,
  • one has to squint to read the microscopic type in the default font size,
  • one is unhelpfully thrown back to the first page of the list, when pressing "back" after reading a topic

And it's S...L...O...W!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and there's no spell checker for fast typers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luckily Safari uses the built in OS spell checker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luckily only if you plan on sticking around,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cindy- wrote:

Luckily only if you plan on sticking around,

Which I afraid that I don't.

Someone, please send me an e-mail when/if  Adobe comes to their senses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the Photoshop Forum is unobtainable!

Adobe's "Flag Ship" Application … and the Link doesn't work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photoshop forums are working for everyone else so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris Cox wrote:

The Photoshop forums are working for everyone else so far.

Chris; you didnt get the word?  The new forums are unusable.  All this activity is a figment of your imagination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt - wow, really?  I must have a really active imagination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the forums I have visited are working, including the Photoshop one. Speed is however deplorable, although for the time being I can still bear with it.

I am however getting tired of reading the same complaints posted by the same several people all over the place. It is true that I am getting more dumb everyday as I grow older, but I can still understand not too complicated matters the first time I read them.

Finally, it seems to me a gross injustice to blame JC for things most of us don't like, about which we did complain but weren't heard, and that either we are willing to tolerate, or force us to never come back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good — for you, Chris

because I reckon that you are going to need to be there full time from now on … in order to answer all the questions all by yourself.

(The Photoshop Forums Link has been stuck on "loading" for about the last ten minutes here.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

before you type at far right corner of the edit box click on show full editor. Then you see and abc with checkmark and beside it HTML.

Click spell on the abc (the spell checker). Actually works pretty fast.

Message was edited by: Phillip Jones, C.E.T. (PjonesCET)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forums not slow here.

Now using Affinity Photo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you noticed that too huh?

...At least speed is only the.... well okay, MOST important aspect of a forum's quality.

...But at least we got some... well okay, maybe we don't have any kind of "quick quote" functionality that I can see.

...Anyway, I'm glad quotes work better... hmm, alright maybe quotes aren't so nice and easy to use (shorten) here at all.

...I'm glad the UI... err no, hmm the cursor and mouse do some pretty odd things sometimes. Like when you try to highlight all the text you're typing, it kinda doesn't cooperate so well for some reason.

...Well at least we got stability..... right? (Oh, no...)

Wait a second... THESE FORUMS DO SUCK!

And why doesn't the color I selected work? Why did the font size reset when I selected a color? Why does double clicking a word in a text field pop up a context window instead of highlighting the word?

Oh God, how I hate JavaScript kiddies.

I didn't think that I'd ever consider switching to Yahoo's groups TERRIBLE interface over at Flexcoders, but... this has me seriously thinking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2009 Apr 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about using this threads for objective reports on forum speeds, as in the old forums?

In my own personal experience, speed has been invariably slow since the first time. In the old forums, when everything was working right, any page would load in well less than one second. Now the best speed I get is 10 seconds. These speeds depend only on my connection and not on the computer + browser I'm using, and values are for a 10 Mbps cable connection. I have slower times that I haven't measured recently with a 1 Mbps DSL connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The response times today are PATHETIC!

Does anybody have the slightest ides what the hell is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'd say somebody cut the internet cables in your area, works just fine from Romania

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines