Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow Slow Slow Slow Slow.....

Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn the jive a$$ hamster is slower than the old Webx hamster. I've been logged out of the forum while waiting to get in.

that is weird.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 04, 2009 May 04, 2009
... and we said it wouldn't work!

And we got sworn at and were insulted for having the temerity to say it; and were told to give the new format a chance … but we couldn't have been more right:

Adobe's pig-headed dive into Jive has destroyed their Forums irreparably.

Just looking-in in the hope of seeing some trace of improvement … and promptly checking-out again ….

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 181 Replies 181
Apr 22, 2009 Apr 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today has been the slowest ever.

Thank god for tabbed browsers. I just leave the forum page chuntering away and do something else till the favicon appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

works just fine from Romania

Maybe there's less demand for the available bandwidth over there!

There's something about Adobe sites, regardless of server.

They are always slower for me, sometimes more sometimes less, but I can be browsing with instant response elsewhere on the net while the Adobe page makes up its mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

get fasterfox https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9037 it helps with the load times and such

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe should provide a solution to a problem that only affects these forums, without users (or participants) having to look for workarounds or helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and i think that users should find workarounds to problems while adobe works on a real fix to it

btw, check out how wacky the forums just got on me for defending it's speed

Adobe-Forums--Need-to-swap-new-logo-for-old-logo.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Zeno, but I can't read anything in the image you posted.

And I have no evidence that Adobe is working on this particular problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not about the text, look at the reply icons

Of course we don't have any evidence of whether they are working on this but i try to be optimistic about it and like i said, the forums work just fine for me, i load any page in about 3 seconds. Try fasterfox, maybe it'll help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had FasterFox on FF Version 2 but I see the Version 3 incarnation is "Experimental" (= Beta?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that just means that somebody removed the version checking and maybe made some tweaks to it without the heavy proofing to make sure that it's bug free. In any case, it hadn't given me any problems yet and i've been using it for quite some time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno Bokor wrote:

and i think that users should find workarounds to problems while adobe works on a real fix to it

With all due respect Zeno, there is no workaround for a slow server or path to the server..  I'm on a very fast cable modem and the Adobe forums are by far the slowest ones frequent.  And since the ping time to the server is about 53 ms I must conclude the problem lies with the server itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then why don't i feel this sluggishness that everybody around here whines about? you'd think that i would feel it more than you guys considering that i'm halfway across the globe from the servers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno Bokor wrote:

then why don't i feel this sluggishness that everybody around here whines about?

You're just lucky I guess.

I'm running at 12616Kb/s upload speed and 8394Kb/s download speed (so a pretty decent connection) and today these things are crawling along worse than ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno Bokor wrote:

then why don't i feel this sluggishness that everybody around here whines about? you'd think that i would feel it more than you guys considering that i'm halfway across the globe from the servers

Alas, Zeno, that goes directly to the issue of credibility.

You don't seem to believe what "everybody around here whines about", so how can you expect us to believe you?

I don't.

What's more, I recognize the attitude and the tone.

Incidentally, I'll open a new thread to comment on the fact that the performance of the forums deteriorates with each passing day.  It's the pits today, especially in regards to the reply editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't care what you believe, i just stated that the forums work at about the same speed as the old ones which for me is tolerable, i never said that the forums work good for you guys, just that it works good for me.

And what attitude and tone would that be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno Bokor wrote:

And what attitude and tone would that be?

You should know better than I.  A Dark Cloud…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked in:

20 seconds to refresh a page … and another 9 to get the Reply Box!

It is unbelievable that the Adobe Forum Development Team's "due dilligence" has landed us with this disfunctional mess.

Logging OUT …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno, you might be amassing points for answers, but you're not getting many points for endearing yourself to the regulars.

Cut down on the arrogance matey!

Is anybody else getting your Rumanian superspeed ? I haven't seen them posting about it.

It is an un-arguable fact that the response time of these forums is getting slower by the day and users are being randomly logged out with increasing frequency.

We are not imagining this, and your crowing doesn't make use feel any better about it.

Adobe has made a fatal error – in spite of numerous warnings they have lumbered blindly ahead into a disaster area.

Your piping up from your "blessed" corner of eastern Europe sounds like fantasy to me.

Even at their slowest, the old forums were so much easier to get around in.

I was determined to make the best of it in this new environment and have been (painfully) trying to help other users since the change but I'm afraid it's going to be "goodbye" from me if things don't get a whole lot better in the next week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

…from your "blessed" corner of eastern Europe sounds like fantasy to me.

JJ, if you didn't pick up on the dark cloud hint, try thinking Ohio instead of Europe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

JJ, if you didn't pick up on the dark cloud hint, try thinking Ohio instead of Europe.

Oh, I didn't miss that Ramón!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2009 Apr 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my point wasn't to stir up clouds of any kind. Here's the thing, when first starting my browser, my forums homepage loads up at 4.876 seconds, this thread loaded up in 2.159 seconds, going back to the homepage took 0.608 seconds, loading a random thread with 2 posts in it took 0.586 seconds, loading the main PS Windows forums took 5.665 seconds and reloading that same forum took 2.843 seconds. I don't know about you guys but i say that this is acceptable.

i don't get it, is this some inhouse joke? what's in Ohio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put Fasterfox back in because of the timer.

It seems to vary all the time. A good page load is 10seconds, some forums take longer than others. Worst case today over a minute.

To post that:

Time.jpg

Message was edited by: John Joslin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just took me 6 mins to get from the main forum page to this post. And this WHOLE time I've been trying to open a post in the PS lounge and it's still trying to load. Refreshing doesn't help, doesn't matter what browser I use. Everything else on the web loads perfect, even watch videos instantly so it's not my connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well you're a very welcome addition in the ps win forum zeno!

dave

thanks, i try to help where i can

John, some 15 minutes after you posted that the forums slowed down for me too so i'd kindly suggest that you don't do it in the future For me it went into "loading" and not showing anything and after it loaded the page it told me that i was logged out. I checked the same page with IE8 and while it still loaded slower than usual it was about 3 times faster than firefox. After i restarted FF it started to get better and i was suddenly logged back in. Right now, after a restart it takes some 6-7 seconds to load my forum homepage, a bit longer than usual but it seems like the lag spike is over, for me at least

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some 15 minutes after you posted that the forums slowed down for me too so i'd kindly suggest that you don't do it in the future

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the UK, not that far from John Joslin - however in the old forums he often had slowness problems when I didn't. I don't get many slowdowns. However I was at a different machine earlier with no bookmarks set up, and didn't have time to get around much, going through 'accordions' and such.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines