Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow Slow Slow Slow Slow.....

Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn the jive a$$ hamster is slower than the old Webx hamster. I've been logged out of the forum while waiting to get in.

that is weird.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 04, 2009 May 04, 2009
... and we said it wouldn't work!

And we got sworn at and were insulted for having the temerity to say it; and were told to give the new format a chance … but we couldn't have been more right:

Adobe's pig-headed dive into Jive has destroyed their Forums irreparably.

Just looking-in in the hope of seeing some trace of improvement … and promptly checking-out again ….

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 181 Replies 181
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2009 May 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Loading times here are very variable today. I'm getting from 8 seconds to nearly two minutes... Far too long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 13, 2009 May 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. yeah, I know...rehash, rehash, rehash.

Some folks say that speed here isn't really too bad. Maybe they have faster hardware, more RAM, more free space on their drives, a better internet connection, yada, yada, yada.

But something I've been noticing that just serves to compound my annoyance with the slowness of these forums.

They cause OTHER sites to load slowly as well.

Example:

I have a thread open in this forum.

I click on the "Go to inbox" choice in my Gmail Notifier menubar utility. I have that set to open a new tab in the background of my current window.

I then immediately click on the "Discussions" breadcrumb link at the top of the Forum thread to return to this forum's thread index page.

Then I switch over to the tab where Gmail is supposed to open and it's stalled, waiting for the Forum index to load.

Once the forum gets to a certain point in the load sequence, the Gmail tab recommences its loading process.

Going to my Gmail inbox usually only takes about 5 seconds.

But if I'm simultaneously trying to load a forum page, it gets usurped and has to wait for the bad Jive scripting to do it's business.

BAD, BAD, BAD!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying via email. Does this show as updated'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does for me yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The responsiveness today is horrible (horrible, by the way, is measured in units of multiple seconds).  Period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2009 Jun 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a test for the #51 post issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2009 Jun 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One more test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines