Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow Slow Slow Slow Slow.....

Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn the jive a$$ hamster is slower than the old Webx hamster. I've been logged out of the forum while waiting to get in.

that is weird.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 04, 2009 May 04, 2009
... and we said it wouldn't work!

And we got sworn at and were insulted for having the temerity to say it; and were told to give the new format a chance … but we couldn't have been more right:

Adobe's pig-headed dive into Jive has destroyed their Forums irreparably.

Just looking-in in the hope of seeing some trace of improvement … and promptly checking-out again ….

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 181 Replies 181
Enthusiast ,
Apr 23, 2009 Apr 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I see what is wrong

adobe.hosted.jivesoftware.com resolves as 209.46.39.53 which, according to ws.arin.net is assigned to Famous Dave's of America, Inc. (https://ws.arin.net/whois/?queryinput=!%20NET-209-46-39-0-1).

I conclude from that bit of information that we are being slow-cooked and will be turned into barbecue sandwiches or ribs in a few days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob_Peters wrote:

Now I see what is wrong

adobe.hosted.jivesoftware.com resolves as 209.46.39.53 which, according to ws.arin.net is assigned to Famous Dave's of America, Inc. (https://ws.arin.net/whois/?queryinput=!%20NET-209-46-39-0-1).

I conclude from that bit of information that we are being slow-cooked and will be turned into barbecue sandwiches or ribs in a few days

That's not what I got and from where I am it's only 12 hops and 91 ms was the longest average. I got a different IP of 209.46.54.37 which is hosted by SunGuard VeriCenter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SunGuard is correct. But that is not the first reference I've seen to "Famous Dave's" in performance discussions here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John_Cornicello wrote:

SunGuard is correct. But that is not the first reference I've seen to "Famous Dave's" in performance discussions here.

I agree "Famous Dave's" would be pretty weird!  However, whenever I perform a lookup for forums.adobe.com I get adobe.hosted.jivesoftware.com which resolves to 209.46.39.53.  According to Arin, 209.46.39.53 is assigned to Famous Dave's:

SunGard VeriCenter Inc VC-GF-1 (NET-209-46-0-0-1) 
                                  209.46.0.0 - 209.46.127.255
Famous Dave's of America, Inc. FAMOUSDAVES (NET-209-46-39-0-1) 
                                  209.46.39.0 - 209.46.39.255

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John_Cornicello wrote:

Perhaps the problem some are experiencing in terms of slowness is a DNS propagation issue and/or routing ? The 12 hops I'm getting isn't bad for being in another country.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Kath mentioned, I'm in UK and, as I have observed before, things get really slow around mid-afternoon (GMT+1) and pick up to a slightly faster crawl* about now.

The reply window I am typing in now never totally loads but it works.

*10 to 15s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a bummer John ! That's a long time.

BTW are you the "John J " on Usenet's alt.graphics.photoshop ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my connection is 20Mb/s... insane speeds... and i still find the forums painfully slow or even doesnt load pages.  adobe needs better hosting to support this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2009 Apr 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

waiting for "forums.adobe.com"...

why, yes. yes i am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

waiting for "forums.adobe.com"...

Really. Instead of an ellipsis, they should have a question mark after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHY IS THIS POS SO FRE!@KING SLOW?!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's evening here and I'm not busy but I'm buggered if I am going to sit and stare at the monitor while forums.adobe decides when to serve up the next page!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better yet...

Please enjoy the music while your party is being reached.

Maybe Dave can upload some of his music and everyone can jam while waiting instead of staring at the screen so intently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 25, 2009 Apr 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ozzwoman9 wrote:

Better yet...

Please enjoy the music while your party is being reached.

Maybe Dave can upload some of his music and everyone can jam while waiting instead of staring at the screen so intently.

sure...

http://www.milbut.org/sounds-movies/mysterytrain/2009-04-23/Golden%20Road%204-23-09.mp3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

the forums have been a painful experience for me today.  Upwards of 30 seconds to get windows to load, timeouts etc.

Only reason I keep trying is I *have* to stay in my chair (garage sale day), so I might as well surf the net!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have too much free time on my hands and waiting for these slow Adobe forum pages is a great way to waste my time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 26, 2009 Apr 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure they could. They could put it on a 56K dialup POTS line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum runs like a pig. Must be the swine flu.

- Christopher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this is really bad. Page loads seem almost acceptable, but the slow I'm talking about is simply related to user actions; typing, cursor-rolls, etc. I can give a good count to 2 or 3 before cursor-rolls, clicks on fields, etc respond in any way. My CPU bumps to 50 with ANY sort of interaction. Ease up on the processing! It's really bad. I've got Vista and XP systems (IE7) showing exactly the same behavior.

But hey, I just tried firefox, and lo-and-behold it works fine, (almost) no CPU load. No delays! Maybe I'll switch. I don't know why I'm still using IE for everything. I didn't bother to read all 100+ posts, so sorry if someone pointed this out already

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why I'm still using IE for everything

neither do we!!! welcome to the world of tomorrow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Firefox?

1) Can't switch on a workstation you're not allowed admin rights to.

2) I'm not drinking the koolaid and switching to that bloated hackfest of patchwork excuses for a browser with crummy plugins, I'd use a quality browser like Opera or Safari if I had a choice here.

3) Regardless of how people feel about IE, it's still mandatory that stuff works correctly on it, and the standard crummy IE level of expectations. And if "Jive" thinks they're going to make any kind of noticable impact on IE's market share with purposely designed CRAPWARE poor performance on IE... I can't wait to laugh at them driving by the unemployment office. Actually we'll probably be doing that even if the problem goes away.

4) Even if the forums weren't turtle slow, they'd still suck for various other reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try Goggle Chrome beta; It has a fast javascript engine called V8, (great for AJAX heavy pages). It doesn't require one to have admin privs in order to install (on purpose).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FireFox 3.0.x versions have a much improved JavaScript performance. And depite complaints of extensions. One GreaseMonkey its a good one to use to make the adobe forums show full page. and also Stylish will do so as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slowfari remains a slug compared to Firefox.  Opera falls short in many aspects, especially when it comes to color mnagement, which it lacks.  That alone puts it out of contention for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines